We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

!!!Warning!!! Mandalay Hill Resort !!!Warning!!!

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
362 posts
1,056 reviews
Save Topic
!!!Warning!!! Mandalay Hill Resort !!!Warning!!!

After staying at the "Mandalay Hill Resort" I wrote about our stay (which wasn't nice; you can find the trip report here) and gave the Hotel just one point. Some days later I got very bad and unpolite mail via Tripadvisor from the Topmanagemnt of this hotel - which proves how unprofessional and rude they are. So you know with what kind of people you're dealing when you stay at the "Mandalay Hill Resort" I want to make the correspondence public:

correct your comment

Von: MANDALAYHILL_RESORT:

We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay on 31st December 2009 as NYE night while many guest did. Please be advised that you did book the wrong hotel through your travel agent as we can see from your no. 1 hotel recommendation to other reviewers (as it is not even a hotel with local management )so therefore for your next visiting to Mandalay make sure that you book a hotel to match with your test and no need to spend your money on suite room as you don't know how to appreciate. So sorry for our true comment toward yours.

Me:

Hi!

I don't understand your mail, sorry. We've made a reservation at Mandalay Hill View Resort and we've stayed there - together with other people who we met on our trip. I can tell you that 99% of the foreigners didn't enjoy the NYE party at all. Maybe you didn't recognise but a lot of your guests went to the room before midnight. The others were making the best out of it, even a few days later, when we met people again, we were still laughing about the unprofessional NYE party. Only the noodle soup was hot, all the rest cold. The music was horrible... Only a bottle of Vodka gave me a remember of this unforgettable NYE party.

That your lobby and the cofe shop need paint you can see yourself when checking the wood near the floor.

The comment should help you to reorganise your hotel.

Also, for example at the noodle soup station, locals were always preferred, didn't have to stand in the line with the others. You should talk to your people about that bad issue.

So, not putting the name under your post, could you please inform me who is writing - or are you too shy or just ashame of your delivery?

Yours

Christian G. Müller

Did you stay here alraedy??

I understand that to make a comment on this forum as you must have actually stayed there not only for inspection for your dad and justed that this hotel good that hotel bad. Before doing so please look at other reviewers how they did.

Otherwise , some good hotels could be your victim. I have been living in Mandalay for 7 years so I definately know which hotel good at what bad at what. This is not a personal website that you can say what ever you want. It has to be resonable and true comment only.

BN.

Me:

This is a website where you write your experience about hotels you said or you saw/inspected, I agree. This website should help other travellers to make the right choice, not to make the same mistakes you did. And I just can repeat that staying at the Mandalay Hill View Resort has been the biggest mistake on our Myanmar Trip. It's run down, needs colour (and the staff new clothes) and the NYE party has been a nightmare! So I want other people to help to avoid the experience I had. There're some lovely hotels in Mandalay, like Hotel at Red Canal. So better people stay there and have a good memory about Mandalay.

As your user name shows you must be a member of the Mandalay Hill View resort. I saw the European manager running around during the NYE nightmare party. Maybe, same as me, you could sign our post with your real name instead just "BN"?.

If you stand behind what you write and don't jast do blackmail you would be able to but your name under the post, the same way I do.

Yours

Christian G. Müller

Did you stay here alraedy??

Dear Christian ,

Normally , I wouldn't waste my time to write or correct guest comments on this hotel but if in this world having a person like you go around and giving AN UNREASONABLE comment besides not even true against other people so how can we stop this kind of people doing so. You don't think that other people will having the same idea with you. How well you know Mandalay ,Myanmar while you are from Ukrain eastern europe. You just answer me in a very simple question is that how can you know 99% of foreigner guest on that night didn't enjoy the NYE party. Tell me? How can you define the meaning of professional NYE party ? Perhaps , needed to sing a Ukrainian song that's why you said the music was very bad. You might had fogotten that you were in Mandalay ,. Myanmar. The another thing that I noticed your comment is that why you couldn't see the Palace view from your 8th floor hotel room outside the balcony while other guests can see. This is something that I can prove that you are liar to other reviewers and being a dangerous person on this forum. I think you better change your idea to bring your dad to visit Myanmar in this coming Christmas as I don't want to see any of your bad comments after you have stayed as the person like you would complain anything that you personal dislike and can turn it to a nightmare for your trip.

Open your mind and being optimistic then you will enjoy where ever you stay outside Ukrain.

This is will be the last mail that reply to you.

Good luck Mr. Christian and enjoy your lief in Ukrain.

BN. TOP MANAGEMENT.

After this you can judge yourself if YOU would stay at a hotel with that kind of management.

Christian G. Müller

Asia
Level Contributor
362 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: !!!Warning!!! Mandalay Hill Resort !!!Warning!!!

thanks for posting the entire correspondence.....

....it speaks for itself and I am sure the Tripadvisor-community will avoid such places in the future....

mdy
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: !!!Warning!!! Mandalay Hill Resort !!!Warning!!!

thanks for sharing your experience..

OMG!! tripadvisor should take this case as a serious one. BN's a Thai, owner of the hotel who's exploiting low-level hotel staffs in many ways. Of course a hotel with this kind of management has been very notorious in Mandalay long ago since Novotel ran off.

And i really don't understand how could the owner of the Hotel is treating his guest in that way.( using the word "your dad" sometime ). that's totally riff-raff.

If he didn't like the comment of the guests( most of them are saying bad about hotel), this is not the way to solve the problem yet. This was just a kid-stuff and can't really named himself as Top Management. Future he replied, more the hotel sank.

Hope that wouldn't affect the name of Myanmar by a single Thai.

thanks.

Edited: 05 February 2010, 10:53
3. Re: !!!Warning!!! Mandalay Hill Resort !!!Warning!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 12:46