We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tetouan to Chefchaouen via grand taxi

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
56 posts
46 reviews
Tetouan to Chefchaouen via grand taxi

I am flying into Tetouan from casablanca, then on to Chefchaouen. Are there grand taxis at the Tetouan airport that would take me to Chefchaouen or do I need to first go to the main bus station in order to find a grand taxi that would take me to Chefchaouen?

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
1. Re: Tetouan to Chefchaouen via grand taxi

Bumped because I honestly don't know the answer and would love to find out.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,031 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: Tetouan to Chefchaouen via grand taxi

Neither I know but I would recommend you to take you into city to the taxi station and take taxi from there. As I know for example from Marrakech airport, there are taxi also but so expensive while from center of city the price was good. Of course not to Chefchaouen, but Ouarzazate, But I "talk" generally about.

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
3. Re: Tetouan to Chefchaouen via grand taxi

Khamlia has made very good point. Taxis from any airport in Morocco are far more expensive to all destinations than those taxis that queue in the taxi ranks in town. It might be good to follow that advice and get a cab into the town.

At all ONDA airports, taxi fares are agreed with the municipality, the airport authority and the taxi association and must be displayed on a panel at the head of the taxi rank outside the terminal building. Therefore you will know the price of a taxi into town. In theory, there should be a price quoted for Chefchaouen too as it is not to far. See what you think - if you can afford it and don't want the hassle of going into town to save money, then hop in.

If the drivers try to say the panel prices are out-of-date or incorrect, they are lying. Insist on the price on the panel.

4. Re: Tetouan to Chefchaouen via grand taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2017, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Tetouan
Recent Conversations