We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

Saint Paul...
7 posts
Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

In early May we will be flying into Tangier getting in on a Thursday morning. The only "MUST" on the trip is visiting Tetuan where my father was raised. We need to be in Granada, Spain by Monday afternoon. Various people have recommended doing just Tangier and Tetouan, or possibly including Asilah or Chefchauen. From what I've read Chefchauen looks better. What would be the best way to do Tangier, Tetouan and Chefchauen and get to Granada on Monday? We can take the ferry to Algeciras Sunday night and travel up to Granada Monday morning. This would maximize our time in Morocco. Or, we could stop in Gibraltar (where my patents got married) and possibly somewhere in Spain along the way if we leave earlier on Sunday.

Saint Paul...
7 posts
11. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

Luxury (depending on cost)

Saint Paul...
7 posts
12. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

So I think we are going to stay at La Tangerina in Tangier and am deciding between 2 places in Chefchauen - Casa Perleta or Lina Ryad and Spa (which is twice the price but looks gorgeous). Anybody familiar with any of these 3? Will need a place in Algeciras.

Can we purchase ferry tix in advance? And bus or train tix to Granada for Monday?

Thank you! I'm getting very excited!!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
104 reviews
13. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

La Tangerina in Tangier is a good one, in Chefchaouen check Dar Echchaouen, or Riad assilah you'd find them excellent in their service, Riad Lina as well is nice as it's luxurious and higher in the price.

you'd enjoy the town more .

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,031 posts
171 reviews
14. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

Yes, you can buy the ferry tickets in advance. It is also advantage to do it then you skip to stay in line for to buy it just before departure. Then you have one line less which is there anyway then via passport control.

Saint Paul...
7 posts
15. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

HELP!! So I'm trying to make the arrangements from Algeciras to Granada (for May 9). When I go to https://www.alsa.es/ it tells me "No existen datos para el trayecto seleccionado." When I go to avanzabus.com/web/horarios/horarios-de-autob… it tells me "No hay resultados".

I am assuming it is because they don't display things that are more than a month out??

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
938 posts
14 reviews
16. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

Yes, it's too early. You could always try to phone them.

www.avanzabus.com/web/venta-telefonica.html (+34 is the country code for Spain)

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,031 posts
171 reviews
17. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

Yes I think so also. When I would from Malaga to Algeciras, I tried also to book 2-3 months in advance but it didn't go, first one month in advance I succeeded.

18. Re: Several days in northern Morocco - need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2017, 19:48
Get answers to your questions about Tetouan
Recent Conversations