We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which fortified church would you go to?

Modiin, Israel
Level Contributor
28 posts
59 reviews
Which fortified church would you go to?

Hello,

I only have four days in Transylvania, and would like to go to a fortified church. I was thinking about one of the following: Biertan, Prejmer or Viscri. I will be going from Brasov to Sighisoara then to Turda - so all of the options are relatively on the way - but we will likely only have the chance to see one. Which would you choose?

Thank you in advance!

Michael

5 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
1. Re: Which fortified church would you go to?

Hi,

Try to see Viscri, assuming you'll have a car.

If you're using public transport Prejmer would be the main choice.

Modiin, Israel
Level Contributor
28 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Which fortified church would you go to?

Hi Alterme,

Yes, we will have a car - so hopefully we will be able to do more than just one, but I wanted to try to rank them in order of popularity/interest so I could allocate my time accordingly.

Thank you!

Michael

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
601 posts
460 reviews
3. Re: Which fortified church would you go to?

If you have a car certainly visit at least 2. My personal opinion is Viscri is the nicest one, then Biertan, then Prejmer, but try to see all 3.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 19:12
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Which fortified church would you go to?

I didn't visit Biertan, but would choose Prejmer over Viscri if doing it again, plus Harman is close to Prejmer and you could try to fit it in. I enjoyed Prejmer and Harman more than Viscri, plus if you're driving yourself the road to Viscri is very rough.

Modiin, Israel
Level Contributor
28 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Which fortified church would you go to?

Thank you all! I ended up going to Viscri - before seeing some of the responses. The road was VERY rough, much rougher than expected. The road from the north was much better than the road from the south. However, we ended up getting a hole in our tire which we had to fix - with no help as there is no tire place in Viscri and there are no normal roads (it is all gravel). I wouldnt suggest going to Viscri unless you are part of a group. Very nice place, very nice surroundings, but the road is way too rough.

Reply to: Which fortified church would you go to?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted