We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Constantly followed by men

4 posts
Save Topic
Constantly followed by men

A friend of mine just left this area urgently as every time she went for a walk men followed her. Normally within minutes of her leaving the place she was staying. Happened on all 3 occasions she went out. The third time followed by 2 men for hours to the point she went into a restaurant for her safety and had to get strangers to accompany her to a taxi. Is this common in this city? Are females traveling alone at high risk?

9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Constantly followed by men

For wich city are you talking about ?

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Constantly followed by men

Pristina

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Constantly followed by men

My friend where are you from ? Do yoy feel safe at home ? Do you havr there crime ? So please dont talk nonsens thinks,everywhere you have crazy people but i will say to you Kosovo is more safe than your home

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Constantly followed by men

I feel fine at home thanks? As I said it was a friend of mine that is currently traveling. She has traveled to loads of different places on her own and has never experienced this kind of stalking. I would advise any females traveling to this location to not do it on their own. From the information I have received it is fine to travel on your own if you are male and the place is beautiful but if you are female I would strongly advise not to do it by yourself. My friend has stalked 3 times. She could not walk around on her own without being followed. The first 2 times was by a single male the first day she was there. The second time was by 2 males which followed her for over an hour. She tried losing them in a busy street but they still found her. She then went into a restaurant and they met up with more males and constantly walked past the restaurant slowly whiles looking at her. She then got someone to walk her to a taxi and left the next morning for her own safety. I hope this post helps anyone planning to visit this city in the future and I wish you all a safe travel.

Berlin, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Constantly followed by men

i live in Germany and you are right,

men in pristina are very importunate

the women there are not aware that it is not normal Behaviour.

I myself feel uncomfortable in the city when I visit.

don't argue or fight with any men there.

Berlin, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Constantly followed by men

I don't think they're dangerous but they are very rude and don't know the boundaries

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Constantly followed by men

Oj ti lope pse ti nberlin kalon ma mir a,cka je be tu fol po ty po duka me ta ndalu kosoven moj fara e flliqt edhe del ktu perhap propagand e dezinformata,po a spaska manjaka ne berlin ? Po a spo te ngucka kerkush ne berlin ? Po tan diten ta gjujn moj dhija e keqe edhe spo i shan e per njerzt e tu fol ktu pallavra ncncncnx

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Constantly followed by men

L is very defensive. You may be right maybe they just don’t know boundaries but it isn’t something I think is worth risking. Could be nothing but that’s not a risk I think people should take.

Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Constantly followed by men

I was there couple of times and this never happened to me. People stared at me, started to talk to me, but always friendly, i never felt scared, was always alone, girl..

Reply to: Constantly followed by men
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted