We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling beaches in Zadar

1 post
Snorkeling beaches in Zadar

Hi!

I will go to Zadar for my first vacation visiting a typical sun and bathing city :)

The trip is in the beginning of september

We have booked a boatride to Kornati (half-day) and Plitvice lake national park.

But to really enjoy the experience, where are the best beaches for bathing and also the best snorkelingspots for a newbie? And do you have any tip on what to avoid? I have bought bathingshoes to avoid sea urchin and that fish that hides in the sand with a poisinous spike >,<

We have rented an apartment close to "Puntamica Sandy Beach"

(We will rent bikes but are not afraid to take the bus if its not too far away)

Thank you so much for any advice or tip!!

Best Regards

Jenny

2 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
505 posts
256 reviews
1. Re: Snorkeling beaches in Zadar

For me there are only sandy and rocky beaches... Good luck and have fun!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Snorkeling beaches in Zadar

Puntamika is 100% not a sandy beach, hope you know that. There are hardly any sandy beaches in Croatia.

I'm also an avid snorkeling fan and tbh, there are no particular spots around Zadar, although you'll get good fish spotting anywhere as the water is crystal clear and sea bed is rocky enough to attract a lot of creatures and fish. My best experiences were in Hvar as the beach was in a little natural cove and therefore sheltered with loads of fish etc, and Dubrovnik as it's a bit further south. I'm yet to fully experience Zadar's snorkeling - we had an hurricane over 2 out of 4 days we were there.

Good job on the water shoes - they really are invaluable.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 13:21
Reply to: Snorkeling beaches in Zadar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zadar
Recent Conversations