We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Mt. Srđ?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Parking at Mt. Srđ?

Hi - I'll be near Dubrovnik next week, staying in Cavtat with a rental car. I've heard that you can find free parking at the top of Mt. Srđ, so I was considering driving to the top in the morning, taking the cable car into Old Town, then taking it back up that night.

Is there still parking at the top, and could you leave your car there most of the day? Any obvious flaws with this plan?

Best Seller
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
798 Reviews
from US$ 56.88*
Best Seller
Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
458 Reviews
from US$ 31.90*
Game of Thrones Extended Tour
230 Reviews
from US$ 56.90*
7 replies to this topic
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
64,092 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Parking at Mt. Srđ?

If you were planning on going to Mt Srdj anyways it makes sense to me....just take a look at google earth so you can see where the small road is to get up to Srdj from the highway....there should be plenty of parking up there as you can see also on google earth.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,192 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Parking at Mt. Srđ?

We went up the Mount only once, and there were plenty of parking spaces. That's probably because most visitors take the cable car.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Parking at Mt. Srđ?

Thanks, Merry and Tilly. This is what I was hoping, but wanted to make sure there wasn't some catch that would force me into one of the Dubrovnik parking lots below the mountain.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
64,092 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Parking at Mt. Srđ?

If you were in for a walk you could walk down the mountain and ride back up to save some money....I did look at google maps to see the route and you will be going up on a very narrow road but the views will be excellent..you better keep your eyes on the road though:).

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,192 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Parking at Mt. Srđ?

We were thinking of doing just that, walk down, but changed our mind in the end..It takes about an hour I think but the views must be amazing.

Buckinghamshire...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Ston, Slano, Peljesac Peninsula, Mostar, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
1 review
6. Re: Parking at Mt. Srđ?

A piece of good news. The junction off the main road to Srd was improved two months ago. It's still a tight turn, but much better than it was before.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Parking at Mt. Srđ?

Just got back from our trip, and for the benefit of anyone else who's interested, thought I'd report back that this idea turned out to be an extremely practical choice for free all-day parking! As reported by others, the road was fairly narrow at points, but everyone seemed to work it out with the occasional reversing to find spots where cars could pass.

Of course, we did encounter ONE significant snag: at one point near the summit where the road was particularly narrow, the right edge of it had eroded away. I didn't get far enough over to the left and was moving at a decent rate when I hit that point, dropped off that side for a second, and because the road edge was jagged I ended up with a flat. This would have been an extremely minor annoyance if Sixt didn't have plastic caps on their lugnuts that made it nearly impossible to get the tire off. Still, as far as places to be stuck waiting for a tow truck go, nursing a drink while overlooking Dubrovnik is not too shabby.

Reply to: Parking at Mt. Srđ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik
Recent Conversations