We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary plan

sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
103 reviews
Itinerary plan

Hi, can anyone help with this? My plan for my 7 days in Croatia, how I wish I had longer! How does it seem?

16 Oct Arrive Zadar 21:35 - pick up car airport - drive to Zadar Old Town and overnight there.

17 Oct Wake early and explore Zadar, watch sunset, eat dinner and then night drive to Split, arrive 10pm and overnight there.

18 Oct Do 10am ATV tour for 4 hours and then afternoon / eve in split, overnight there.

19 Oct Drive to canyoning after breakfast which is in Zadvarje village. Then drive to Dubrov late afternoon. Eve in Dubrovnik, overnight there

20 Oct Day Dubrovnik, overnight there.

21 Oct Coastal day drive to Šibenik. Overnight Sibenik.

22 Oct Hang in Sibenik then drive to Rudanovac for overnight stay

23 Oct Plitvice at opening then drive to Zadar Airport for 10pm flight home.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary plan

Have you already bought flight ticket? Would suggest to fly to dubrovnik and fly back from zadar(vice vera), as there is a distance in between.

sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary plan

Yeah Jean, got a bargain return £40 flight, hence the reason for this trip :)

USA
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary plan

Since a car is a liability in many of your destinations, I might re-arrange things so you only have it when you really need it.

You could take public transit from Zadar -->Split ---> Dubrovnik. Pick up a car there for your scenic and day drives working your way back to Zadar for your flight home.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,596 posts
170 reviews
4. Re: Itinerary plan

There was no need to start a new thread, as it is always beneficial to see other advice already given.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
103 reviews
5. Re: Itinerary plan

I thought public transport would eat into my already too short itinerary too much dream traveller, do you not think it would slow me down a bit? When you say liability, do you mean the parking? I have found rentals with parking included if so!:)

USA
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
90 reviews
6. Re: Itinerary plan

Buses aren't really slower than driving.

And yes, mostly parking, but also the hassle of driving in congested town centers. And having to limit your accommodation choices to those with parking -- which tend to be less central. And paying rental costs for days when the car just sits there anyway ...

Honestly, if it were me, I'd save Dubrovnik for another trip. Yes, it's beautiful and worthwhile, but there is plenty to see and do around Zadar/Split/Sibenik without that extra driving. Especially since it sounds like your interests lean more towards outdoor activities and less towards history and culture.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
62,225 posts
88 reviews
7. Re: Itinerary plan

I think it is good advice to skip Dubrovnik and save it for next time. I think there is plenty to do for a week in the area of Zadar and Split. I would keep the car though.

Reply to: Itinerary plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik