We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik GOT Tours - is it necessary?

Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Dubrovnik GOT Tours - is it necessary?

There are many tours offered in Dubrovnik that take you through the filming locations in the city and on Lokrum island, accompanied by guides who were extras on the show.

There are also detailed maps on the internet that show the filming locations.

The question is - is the tour guide necessary for this kind of tour? What's the added value and is it worth the payment?

Thank You

4 replies to this topic
14 posts
1. Re: Dubrovnik GOT Tours - is it necessary?

Good question....

San Francisco
3 posts
2. Re: Dubrovnik GOT Tours - is it necessary?

I saw a snippet of a GOT tour on someones VLOG. The guide was quite funny and gave good context both culturally and when in the show each site was used. Sorry I don't know which tour or exactly who the tour guide was. If you're a fan (i'm not) you might like the camaraderie of seeing the site with like minded people. YMMV depending on the particular tour/guide. I'd recommend doing a "Croatia Tour" search on that forum website that starts with an R for any first hand experiences and then decide.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
260 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Dubrovnik GOT Tours - is it necessary?

I'd say it's worth it. Most guides will have either an IPad or flip book of pictures they carry during the tour showing scenes from the show at specific locales. Some filming locations look exactly like they do in the show however some are dressed up with some pretty detailed CGI added after filming with buildings don't actually exist. It's pretty interesting to compare what was done during the show's editing process versus how it looks in real life IMO

Bloomfield, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Dubrovnik GOT Tours - is it necessary?

I saw some of these tours going on and to me, it's not worth it. They basically have a picture book and hold it up while saying some scripted lines. You can find the same types of things online. I basically searched for the locations and found them myself. It was great.

Reply to: Dubrovnik GOT Tours - is it necessary?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted