We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Hi All,

Very last minute trip this weekend planned. I am arriving into Dubrovnik and want to get to Split.

I am traveling alone so a private transfer is out of range price wise and the flights dont work.

In regards to the bus is there anything available direct from the airport? Are there are overnight buses and if so are they safe? If the journey can take up to 6 hours id prefer to try and sleep.

Thank you in advance.

Molly

Best Seller
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
799 Reviews
from US$ 56.72*
Game of Thrones Extended Tour
233 Reviews
from US$ 56.80*
Best Seller
Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
458 Reviews
from US$ 31.90*
9 replies to this topic
Buckinghamshire...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Ston, Slano, Peljesac Peninsula, Mostar, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
1 review
1. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

First you'll need to take the Atlas airport shuttle bus to the main bus station in the Gruz area of Dubrovnik. The Dubrovnik bus company is called Libertas and you can book a ticket to Split on their site.

http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/en/

https:/…dubrovnik-shuttle-bus

Edited: 01 August 2018, 22:01
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

There are a a few buses that depart late at night/early morning but it's not a 6 hour ride. The problem is that when you get to Split in the morning you can't check-in to lodgings until at the earliest 2pm, however there might be a few locals that hang around the bus stop offering rooms. They will have pictures and walk around asking people.

Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Thank you both for the replies.Would the accommodation situation with people at ferry be the same in Vis Island would you know?

Durham
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Accommodation is more limited on Vis as it used to be a closed island to tourists.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Doubtful you will be able to get offered accommodation at the port. It is peak season.

Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Ok, thank you, i will prebook for Vis town.

In regards to the bus would you advise booking in advance or should i be ok to buy at the station - Little afraid to prebook in case i dont transit from the airport in time to the station. Will they honor the ticket on the next bus?

Thanks

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,106 posts
79 reviews
7. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

I've been offered accommodation both in Vis Town as I get off the ferry and in Komiza when I get off the bus but I wouldn't do that in August.

If the company with the next bus is different to the one you've bought for then they won't honour it. You can usually buy tickets on the bus.

check out companies (not all services are listed here) at this website: https://www.buscroatia.com/routes-search/?dSn=Dubrovnik+%28HR%29&aSn=Split+%28HR%29&d=08%2F15%2F2018&dS=331&aS=1217

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Although it is peak season, you should be ok not to book a bus ticket and rather buy a ticket when you get to the station. Most people travel during the day and the catamarans that do the route take a lot of passenger weight from the buses too. The only time I have been on a bus with standing room only was during the day, and once only. I have taken the bus on the Dubrovnik to Split route at least a couple of times, during the day, and got seats, in peak season. As previously stated, different bus companies operate the route, so you have to be sure you're going to use that particular bus because you can't use it for another company that will service the route at a later time.

Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus

Back from a lovely few days in Croatia - in regards to the bus there was no issue with getting a ticket on the afternoon bus.

The bus took 5 hours on the coastal route. It was fine but made a lot of stops and was just adequately comfortable. I would try and avoid this journey if i went again.

I loved Vis island and was able to book accommodation the night before for here staying in Vis town. I will definitely go back there again and wished i had spent all my time there. I would avoid August the next time, it was extremely busy in Split and a little too hot for me.

Molly

Reply to: Bus to Split from Dubrovnik Airport - Overnight Bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted