We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Split

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Parking in Split

I'm spending my summer holyday in july in Croatia and I'm planing to visit Split for 1 day...

Can anyone tell me is there parking for free or everywhere u have to pay like in other cities on the croatian coast?

And is it expensive parking there because it's bigger city?

Thanks...

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Parking in Split

As a UNESCO city the parking areas are around the historic core....and you can usually find a free spot and just walk back into town. But if you dont want to hunt, just drive to the ferry terminal and there is a low cost lot on the left hand side of the road before the terminal behind the bus/train station. Or you can park right off the Riva, the waterfront, for about $1 an hour.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
50 posts
2. Re: Parking in Split

Near Hajduk Split stadium you will find free park.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
64,031 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Parking in Split

We have always used the parking lot near the Riva, just for its convenience. Most times we have found something right away.

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Parking in Split

Ok Thanks gays for the tips :)

Goodtrance, I saw on the map and seems that Poljud Stadium is very close to the city centre is that correct?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Parking in Split

Small correction: parking next to Riva in Split is 10 Kuna per hour (1,5 E) and it is 7 Kn behind the bus/train station (at least it was last month)

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
96 reviews
6. Re: Parking in Split

Not that close...it is a 20 minute walk to the Riva/Palace....look at the map and find Marjan Hill and the tunnel that goes under it. Take this tunnel and park anywhere to the LEFT heading back towards town. From streets like Drazanac or Mihanoviceva it is a short walk to the end of the Riva. Easier to park here and an enjoyable stroll rather than at Poljud. However, you can park at Poljud and then take a bus into the center for 10kn each or simply walk due south. But for $1 an hour, parking right at the Riva parking lot will make it a whole lot easier!

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Parking in Split

Оk thanks gays for the tips :)

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
8. Re: Parking in Split

Parking at the Riva is 10 kuna (closer to $1.80 per hour), there is a parking lot at the south end of Domovinskog Rata on the Vukovarska side. It's a long thin parking lot with parking right at the south end which is at the pedestrian entrance to the green market and just 100m to the Palace. Price is 5 kuna per hour (90c per hour)

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
9. Re: Parking in Split

& YuGa

It's guys

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
10. Re: Parking in Split

Funny micdev - you're right, that's definitely not a phrase you throw at folks in Croatia with impunity !!!