We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from opatija to dubrovnik

philadelphia
2 posts
distance from opatija to dubrovnik

I am starting a five day car trip in Croatia from Opatija and wanted to drive down to Dubrovnik. How long is the drive and is it worth the effort? What to see along the way??

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1. Re: distance from opatija to dubrovnik

According to the Michelin website, the distance is around 590 km. I think any time you can get to Dubrovnik is worth it. The places you could see along the way would be Zadar, Trogir/Split, Makarska, and finally Dubrovnik. Since this is a car trip, I would guess you are not going to the islands...you have a limited amount of time.

Maybe drive from Opatija to Zadar (nice walled city on the Adriatic) = 231 km

Then go from Zadar to Split (Home to the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace) = 157 km

Split to Dubrovnik (for 2-3 nights) = 209 km

I think Dubrovnik will be the highlight of your trip and I am a big fan of the place. You may also want to take another day along the way depending on how tired of driving you are getting. There are places between the cities I have listed above.

You could also go inland to Plitvice between Opatija and Split and skip Zadar if you wanted to. Your choices are somewhat limited. When are you going?

Are you with anyone else?

This could be a bit hectic, but I think Dubrovnik is worth the effort.

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: distance from opatija to dubrovnik

Dubrovnik is a a pearl and deserves few days but - if you are cruiser check this out.

Opatija to island Krk via bridge and pass the Vrbnik,Punat and Baska.From Baska take ferry to Rab.( Baska to Rab only during the season)See Sam Marino.Supetarska Draga and Rab.Go to Mišnjak port and go back to coastal road.Drive to Prizna and go across to Pag.Drive it through and once on the mainlad go South to Nin and than Zadar.Go coastal and before Sibenik follow Skradin/Krka national park directions.Back to Sibenik and go coastal all the way till Dubrovnik.(For sure you will stop every 20miles. )

Plan B (time saving) is to dodge coastal and do highway Rijeka to Zadar.

dubrovnik
Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: distance from opatija to dubrovnik

stop to NP plitvice or NP krka..

4. Re: distance from opatija to dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 09:59