We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental - experience with NOVA

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Car rental - experience with NOVA

Hi, I have booked a car for my trip in August with NOVA in split downtown. I am not familiar with this company, probable is large in Europe but even though I am a frequent European traveler in my many years of adventures I have always used public transportation only :), pardon for my clueless.

Any feedback on this company? I haven't paid anything so still have time to book with someone else if feedback is not good. I have apartments and connections booked after I pick up the car so last thing I want is not to have a car when I get there :)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

27 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29445…

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

Every car rental company/consolidar will have good and bad reviews, so no way to tell what your experience will be like. All you can do is choose a company with few bad reviews.

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,880 posts
669 reviews
3. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

I have a booking with them in May, I will let you know how I get on.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

thanks everyone! Yes please Shropshirenick let me know! when it comes to travel I am super organized, a little to much maybe but that is the reason I have extensively travelled alone around the world without a single inconvenient and never had a day ruined for these type of things :)

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,880 posts
669 reviews
5. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

I am much the same, although we are a family of four I am the organiser in our family.

We are fortunate that we often have 3 or 4 holidays a year and they generally go very smoothly.

I love researching new destinations and planning new trips.

I have hired cars in many countries and only once ever had an issue.

I would advise taking out an annual car hire insurance policy and always checking the rental vehicle thoroughly.

Take photos of any damage when you pick it up and also when you return it you feel it is necessary.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
96 reviews
6. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

I live in Split and Nova is fabulous....we rent and we send our friends who visit to rent. They are locally owned, not European, and have both airport and in town (5 minutes from ferry terminal) offices so you can drop off, pick up at either place and their on line rates are very good. Lots of choices here, but when our 22 year old Mercedes needs to go to the shop, we go to Nova! A tip for Americans, if you have an AMEX card decline all insurance and if there is a hassle, AMEX pays 100%, no deductible! We used this two years ago because someone scratched our bumper and the cost to repaint (it was a new car) was $200. AMEX paid it all, no hassle! And we saved the daily insurance cost, which can mount up!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

Thank you sightseeingcroatia!! good to have feedback from a local! I do have Amex and I always take their insurance rather than the rental car company, good advice!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
77 reviews
8. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

I've used Nova in Trogir - they were fine.

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,880 posts
669 reviews
9. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

Good to hear positive feedback.

chicago
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Car rental - experience with NOVA

I rented a car from Split Airport using Nova Rent A Car last summer (2016) for 16 days. The car we got was brand new. Service was very friendly. I opted to pay a little more than the others because of the reviews I had read on Nova Rent A Car. I also had emailed a few car rental companies with questions about insurance. The only one that responded was Nova Rent A Car. I actually had a direct email for a manager who was prompt on returning my emails and questions. I knew that if I had an issue with the car or company, I could communicate with them. Rino was/is awesome! I just booked my car rental for this summer (2017) for 3 weeks with them and he have me a returning customer discount. It pays to stick with a reliable company with good service! If you have any hesitation about booking with this company, I highly recommend sending an email to the manager, Rino. He will reply with his direct # too. It will give you some assurance to know that you can communicate directly with a manager and not deal with an 800# somewhere.

Reply to: Car rental - experience with NOVA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted