We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pvd to ack

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
Pvd to ack

Good afternoon. I’m looking at a vacation last week in May 2019. With my wife and our 3yo son. We live in Charleston. How do I get from PVD to Hyannis with our 3yo? Renting a car at PVD then leaving it at Hyannis for 7 nights seems like a waste. Especially if I need to rent a car on ACK. Taking the rental car over to ACK is an option but expensive and time constraining. Are my options Peter Pan bus? Maybe an Uber but that would be $$$. Flying direct to ACK is $$$ too. Thank you.

24 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: Pvd to ack

Just a suggestion, but it is easier and clearer if you spell out the names of airports rather than using the letter designations. Not everyone knows what you mean by PVD, ACK, etc. and to get the most help you want everyone to know what you are talking about. This isn't a telegram.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 02:14
Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Pvd to ack

Oh. I suppose you are right. PVD is the Providence airport also known as TF Green airport. ACK is Nantucket.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,996 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Pvd to ack

https:/…

New service this year sells you a shuttle bus ticket from PVD to New Bedford ferries from there you can get to ACK or MVY.

Look at Routes and Schedules at the top of the page using the link above. No need to rent a car for your time on ACK unless you want to have one for a few days since you are going in May which will not provide a bunch of beach days.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 02:33
Boston...
Level Contributor
23,567 posts
747 reviews
4. Re: Pvd to ack

Since you're using the airport names . . . why not fly? You can't do it nonstop, but it can be done with one stop

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Pvd to ack

Northern, it is very expensive to fly from Charleston to Nantucket. About $950p/p. Too much for me.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,996 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Pvd to ack

Seastreak Did you see it?

Shuttle offered from PVD to New Bedford then ferry to ACK

https:/…

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Pvd to ack

I looked at Seastreak. My flight gets into tf green at 12p. I could take 3p from airport to New Bedford. Gets to New Bedford at 425. Latest ferry is at 340p. So I’d have to overnight in New Bedford. But maybe there are more ferry options in May vs what they are showing now.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
133 reviews
8. Re: Pvd to ack

Either take an earlier flight to PVD or spend the night in EWB but the Sea Streak is your best route to ACK. There won't be more ferries in May than in August, and possibly fewer if it's before Memorial Day. You can take the Peter Pan to HYA but it doesn't leave from PVD, you would have to get to the bus station from the airport. Then the ferry.

Why are you flying to PVD?Did you look at JetBlue to BOS or JFK, or even DCA, and then on to ACK?

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,567 posts
747 reviews
9. Re: Pvd to ack

I was pricing PVD to ACK at about a third of that price. Apples to apples

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Pvd to ack

I’m flying to pvd cuz it’s close to New Bedford or Hyannis. Flying From Charleston to Nantucket prices were $900 and higher. I can also use miles on delta. But delta does not fly to Nantucket.

Reply to: Pvd to ack
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nantucket
Recent Conversations