We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

At the beginning of the season I saw a few posts noting that SSA's fast ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket had problems, such as postponed or cancelled trips.

Since I have seen anything further on the subject I am wondering if the problems they had have been solved.

We would like to take the ferry in September for a midweek day trip to Nantucket and hope to take advantage of the SSA's $50RT special.

Thanks for any advice.

7 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
20,827 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

Here is a recent thread that might help

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41750…

Concord, MA
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

You should be okay on the fast boat. We've taken it on weekends this summer without any issues. There was a minor issue several weeks ago with a fuel leak in one of the engines that caused minor delays and was quickly fixed. The problems earlier this year involved the car boats and mostly the Vineyard runs. The SSA fast boat was not affected by those problems. Enjoy your visit and you are smart to go in September to avoid the summer crowds.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

TMFConcord: Thanks for your reply. Glad you had no problems, Hope same holds true for us. We will take the fast Ferry, but on a midweek day.

Northern Traveler, thanks for your reply. Is it possible that you wanted to send a link to a different thread? The one I received from you answered questions about Hyline's inter-island ferry. We are planning to travel RT from Hyannis to Nantucket on the Steamsship Authority's fast ferry.

Boston...
Level Contributor
20,827 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

That would appear to be the case. If only I knew where I meant to post that!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

Thanks. You made me smile.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

Here is a link to an article in today's Boston Globe regarding the Steamship Authority's difficulties; apparently there were cancellations today (re: the Martha's Vineyard ferries, not the Nantucket ones):

https:/…story.html

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket

Thanks SouthieGirl.

Reply to: SSA Ferry from Hyannis to Nacntucket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nantucket