We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf near annapolis

usa
Level Contributor
125 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
golf near annapolis

we will be there towards the end of march and would appreciate any golf recommendations thank you

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
716 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf near annapolis

If you're serious about golf, I would opt for Renditions. www.renditionsgolf.com

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf near annapolis

Check out http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/city.aspx?dest=Annapolis+MD

Most are less than ten miles from the city center.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
716 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf near annapolis

The list is helpful as far as location is concerned, but I wouldn't trust the reviews. Eisenhower is in terrible shape and IMO, poorly managed and run down. Compass Pointe, run by the same firm, is headed in the same direction. Severna Park Golf Course? Really? Its a driving range with an executive course that probably doesn't play 50 rounds per year. Bay Hills is OK, but as the name implies, very hilly. Many blind shots and side hill lies. Havent played South River.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golf near annapolis

don't know if it is private or any good but Annapolis Golf course is just outside of downtown- maybe 1 1/2 miles. Just bike by it, don't play.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
716 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golf near annapolis

I haven't played it either, but I believe Annapolis Golf is an 18 hole course that plays on 9 holes with different tees for the second 9. Short yardage. Fun for an afternoon outing, but not in the same league as Renditions, and perhaps, South River, IMO. Might be perfect for your purposes if that's what you're looking for.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golf near annapolis

Annapolis Golf Course is in pretty rough shape....the community is not on public water, so it is extremely dry. Good price and an excellent course for newbies. Recommend visitors who are experienced should choose one of the others mentioned.

Good Luck !

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
16 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: golf near annapolis

another beautiful course is Lake Presidential. It is about 25 min south-west of annapolis. Gets a lot of writeups in golf mags. I think it's $89 but I believe they also have winter rates.

8. Re: golf near annapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 14:56