We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Gigante: What is is like?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
360 posts
Playa Gigante: What is is like?

Thinking about spending a week there (out of 5 weeks in Nicaragua) with my 3 kids taking Spanish classes from 8 - noon and having the afternoons to play. What is the community like? Is it a party area or more family friendly? Surf lessons, snorkeling and beach play is how we would want to spend our afternoons.

Thanks for your input.

Granada Nicaragua
Level Contributor
963 posts
317 reviews
1. Re: Playa Gigante: What is is like?

I think there are much better beaches. Also better places to stay...lodging wise.

I am not a surfer....so have to temper my opinion with that, but really overrated

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
169 reviews
2. Re: Playa Gigante: What is is like?

We only stopped there for a bit on our way to Popoyo but it looked super sleepy

3. Re: Playa Gigante: What is is like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2016, 12:46