We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Managua airport question

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Quick Managua airport question

Hello all, I know there have been several posts about hotels near the airport, but I was wondering about the airport itself.

I will be arriving at about 10pm on a Friday night and will be taking the 6:15am flight to Corn Island the next day. I was just wondering if the airport is a suitable/safe place for me to hangout overnight? I just hate the idea of spending a lot of money and dealing with late night cabs just for a 5-6 hour stay.

Thanks!

Granada Nicaragua
Level Contributor
963 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Managua airport question

You will be OK...clean and while stuff is closed when you get in and does not open till after you leave....rest is OK

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Managua airport question

Perfect, thanks for the quick response. I definitely don't need stores or anything. Just wanted to make sure there was a safe spot to sleep for a bit.

Placerville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Managua airport question

Yes, it's completely safe as long as you stay in the airport building, and not too uncomfortable. A place called "The Shot Bar" will probably be open for a drink and simple dinner, and you can then find somewhere to stretch out on the floor if you like. Keep an eye on your stuff, and you'll be fine.

4. Re: Quick Managua airport question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2016, 10:47