We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a Claro SIM at the International Airport

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Buying a Claro SIM at the International Airport

Does anyone know if I will be able to buy the microSim card for galaxy note 4 at the International airport. We arrive 9PM and it will be likely 10PM before we get to the Claro counter on a sunday, so not sure if it will be open at that time. I posted the question on their FB page but no response. Maybe the page admin doesnt speak english

5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a Claro SIM at the International Airport

I just asked them over chat cause we get in on Friday night. They close at 6pm at the airport on Friday's so I can't imagine they would be open any later than that on Sunday's.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a Claro SIM at the International Airport

thanks bphawk. they responded on fb too. open only during working hours so no luck

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
918 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a Claro SIM at the International Airport

Greetings vaahn2013:

Yeah, they'll be closed for your 9pm MGA arrival. Depending on where you are going that night, the next morning you should be able to buy a chip. They are sold literally on the street in the mercados and of course at all the Claro and Movistar "Centro de Atencion al Cliente" (retail stores and service centers) in any major town. They are also sold at cell phone repair stores and even pulperias (corner grocery stores) sometimes have them, so there's no lack of places to get your chip.

For example at the Farmstay, we have a Claro store about two kilometers away on the highway to Masaya and at the nearby Galerias de Santo Domingo upscale shopping mall both companies are represented.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde, Managua

4. Re: Buying a Claro SIM at the International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2016, 10:47