We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada or Laguna de Apoyo

5 posts
Granada or Laguna de Apoyo

We leave for Nicaragua in a couple weeks. I have the whole itinerary set, except for 1 day. We are spending a couple days on Ometepe and then spending a couple days relaxing at the beach near Tola. From there I am trying to decide if we want to head to Granada or Apoyo before we spend our last day in Masaya seeing the volcano and going to the markets there. We will have just spent a couple days at the beach relaxing, so I don't want to go to Apoyo if it is just going to be similar to that. We will have a little more than a half day available at either place. Any thoughts?

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
842 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Granada or Laguna de Apoyo

Given your beach time, I´d pick Granada. Laguna de Apoyo is lovely, but really a place to lounge. Granada is a nice colonial city and the old churches are great.

Granada Nicaragua
Level Contributor
963 posts
317 reviews
2. Re: Granada or Laguna de Apoyo

I agree. Need to see the city. The laguna is nice but that is about it.

5 posts
3. Re: Granada or Laguna de Apoyo

Great! Exactly what I wanted to hear. What are the top places to see in Granada?

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: Granada or Laguna de Apoyo

There is a few things to do in Granada, walking around is very pleasant, visit the La Merced Church tower for great views of the city, The San Francisco Convent Pre/Columbian museum, Dona Elba Cigars to see Cigars being rolled and the local market to see the daily life of the locals

5. Re: Granada or Laguna de Apoyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2016, 11:47