We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

Ellicott City, Md
Level Contributor
28 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

I have never been to nicaragua. We will be staying at the Rancho Santana Inn in febraury and havnt a clue what to do.... we will only have 3 full days to explore....what should we not miss that wont be too far from our base of RS? we will not rent a car so we will need to hire a driver if needed.

Mentioned in this post
Rancho Santana
Rancho Santana
468 Reviews
Tola, Nicaragua
Rivas Department...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

Hi, i hope you have a nice trip and a good nicaraguan experience!

Did Rancho Santana arranged transportation from the airport to your destination? if not, would you like to talk about options regarding places to go and rides?

I have no idea what kind of activites you enjoy most, but there are great surf breaks around not too far of RS also there is always fishing trips, horseback riding and other amenities within the resort.

Also, how far are you willing to go? 1 hour drive, 2 hour drive? or less than that?

By the way i am not a RS associate or anything i offer transportation services.

Mentioned in this post
Rancho Santana
Rancho Santana
468 Reviews
Tola, Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

Hola Hhinks.

the ride from RS to Places as Granada or Mombacho volcano or Masaya volcano are over 45miles so that means that that will be a full day activity and after the second day you do not feel to go out anymore, so what about after landing spend a night in Granada and the first day of Arrival do something in Masaya and second day something in Granada and then that afternoon go straight to RS and relax there as there are only 3 days which is few to enjoy this beautiful country.

The other option will be to have a full day activity visiting Masaya Volcano, the city of Granada and the islands of Granada, next day you can do a day trip to Ometepe island which is also another beautiful spot in Lake Nicaragua. Is need more help get in touch with this fellows http://golocalnicaragua.wix.com/nicaragua

Have a great trip.

Kind Regards.

Byron.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Mombacho Volcano
Mombacho Volcano
1,088 Reviews
Granada, Nicaragua
Masaya
Masaya
Masaya Department, Nicaragua
Isla de Ometepe
Isla de Ometepe
Rivas Department, Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
918 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

Greetings Hhinks:

Ask around for where the Hot Springs are behind the school in Limon II. Ask for how to get to the low tide natural swimming pool located at the north and of Guasacate beach. If there are any turtle hatchlings going on, go do that. In your three days you might just swing by Granada on your way to the airport if you have time, assuming you are leaving from MGA.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde, Managua

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Augusto C Sandino Airport
Augusto C Sandino Airport
Managua, Nicaragua
Managua
Managua
Managua Department, Nicaragua
Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

HI

There is nearby Chacocente Turtle Reserve...but as far as i know it february not the saison when turtle arrives...

But mabye you should check with them

chacocente-nicaragua.com/spanish/refugio.html

Regards

Salta

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

We are going to RS in March and planning 2 days in/around Granada/Masaya/Mombacho before. I think we hope to do a day trip to Ometepe from RS midweek but then enjoy more local surging, swimming, yoga, fishing the rest of the time. I would love to hear what you decide and any tips after your trip. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Masaya
Masaya
Masaya Department, Nicaragua
Isla de Ometepe
Isla de Ometepe
Rivas Department, Nicaragua
Ellicott City, Md
Level Contributor
28 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

I will let you know :)

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

Hi hhinks! How was your trip? Are you back?

Ellicott City, Md
Level Contributor
28 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

it was wonderful!!!! everything was fabulous!! The restaurant was great.... food was so good. The spa services were great. i suggest happy hour and finish w a sunset view. One afternoon we walked to the restaurant on the cliff that you can see to the north on the coast. Ricardo was our driver and was the best. Chris Currey is the General manager and has done an amazing job!! Everyone is so nice, We stayed at Camino Real in Managua our first night since our flight came in past dark. We are leaving rancho shortly and will be heading to Granada to stay at Miss Margrits B and B for our last night in this wonderful country.

Mentioned in this post
Managua
Managua
Managua Department, Nicaragua
Granada
Granada
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

Glad you've had such a wonderful time. We can't wait to be there in 1 month!

Ellicott City, Md
Level Contributor
28 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: staying in Rancho Santana in Febuary...what to do??

will you be staying in managua or granada your first or last night?