We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

Hello, I will be arriving by train from Sofia on August 20 and leave by train to Zagreb on 22 August.

Can anyone confirm which are the stations for the train coming in from Sofia and which station do I take the train to Zagreb? Also where would be good area to stay for this 2 night stopover in Belgrade. Thank you.

17 replies to this topic
Belgrade
Level Contributor
891 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

The only active train station from now on is Železnička stanica Beograd centar - Prokop

https:/…5184

The old one in the city center is closed.

For 2 nights I would choose city center, so just look for Stari grad, though Vracar area is very nice to explore the city of you are willing to walk more.

Br, Ceca

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
496 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

By the way, there's direct bus Sofija - Zagreb. Operated by bulgarian ,,Florentia bus".

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

ok, I read somewhere that the direct train from Sofia goes into the Topcider station and was looking for confirmation.

Belgrade
Level Contributor
891 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

Well, I have to admit that I am really confused with information about departure and arrivals of trains. Yesterday I've called the customer service and been told that all trains are coming and departure from Prokop. This morning I called as well, asked particularly for Bar Belgrade as my friends just arrived and the operator told me this night train from Bar is coming to Topcider (and it is), but there is another train from Bar coming to Prokop.

So, I asked also for Sofia Zagreb and been told there is no direct train from Sofia to Zagreb. So, the lady told me the train from Sofia are coming to Topcider train station and the departure to Zagreb is from Prokop train station.

Br, Ceca

Belgrade
Level Contributor
891 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

This should be the most reliable information

Topcider train station departures

…srbrail.rs/ZSRedVoznje/…en

Topcider train station arrivals

Beograd Centar (Prokop) departures

Beograd Centar (Prokop) arrivals

Br, Ceca

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

thanks, where are the bus stations for the Sofia-Belgrade bus?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

>>>So, I asked also for Sofia Zagreb and been told there is no direct train from Sofia to Zagreb. So, the lady told me the train from Sofia are coming to Topcider train station and the departure to Zagreb is from Prokop train

no direct train? or only direct train from Sofia. From the timetables

the 1490 train seems to be a direct train leaving Sofia 0840 (or 0940 Bulgraian time) and arriving Topcider 1826.

Belgrade
Level Contributor
891 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

Correct..but what I said there is no direct line Sofia Zagreb.

So, Sofia Belgrade arrives at Topcider

Belgrade Zagreb departure is from Prokop.

Br, Ceca

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

Ah, thank you. My brain and eyes are not in sync :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb

Sofia to Belgrade train.

I’m in Sofia now and the nice lady at Sofia Central international train counter said the direct train from Sofia to Belgrade will stop at Belgrade Central and not Topcider. We shall see on monday.

The train leaves Sophia at 0940 Bulgaria time and arrives Belgrade 1835 and costs 45 Lev. Cash only.

There is a Florentina bus which leaves from the depot next to the train station at 2.30 pm and gets into Belgrade at 9.30pm and it costs 25EUR (23.50 for Seniors).

Apparently, the bus is the preferred option as the trains are basic but I’m a train junkie.

Reply to: Train Station for trains from Sofia and to Zagreb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted