We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electronic device, save your time in high season!

Pagoi, Greece
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
electronic device, save your time in high season!

If you drive a passanger car, caravan, truck...you can buy serbian electronic toll device for about 15-20 euros and save your time on toll ramps even if you are stranger! Be aware that the new toll gate called Presevo, near macedonian serbian border is opened from 12.12.2016. Big toll gate is being built near Belgrade close to Ikea and it will be ready for sezon 2017. TAG toll device is prepaid, when you upload the money, it is emmediately avaliable. You can buy it when entering country, on Gazprom stations, at national drivers club post, etc...beleieve me, everyone who travels through those gates in july and august can kill himself, you wait about an hour if you dont have electronic toll device!

putevi-srbije.rs/index.php/en/electronic-tol…

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
298 posts
164 reviews
1. Re: electronic device, save your time in high season!

I have a couple of trips this summer that will involve traveling through Serbia.

I came across your post while researching the trips and decided to buy the TAG toll device. Being in Budapest, the drive down was not too long and we were quickly at the Hungary/Serbian border crossing.

After crossing into Serbia, I noticed a Techno Coop at the border crossing plaza and tried to buy one at their counter. The attendant took me to an inner office and the man there did indeed have the device for sale but did not accept credit cards.

Once I explained I would only be able to purchase the unit with a card, he advised me that about 20 Km further, I would come to a EuroPetrol and they could help.

I found the EuroPetrol as advised and was able to purchase the TAG , place funds on it, and use my credit card. The EuroPetrol staff explained how the TAG worked and even walked out to my car to make sure it was properly positioned!

I know this post is a few months old but I just wanted to give an update on our experience.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
298 posts
164 reviews
2. Re: electronic device, save your time in high season!

Another Update on this post:

We have just returned from our travels through Serbia and we were able to use the TAG device at every toll station by using the ENP lane.

This device literally saved us a couple of hours since the lines at some of the toll locations were very long.

Many thanks to djole01 for the initial post!

3. Re: electronic device, save your time in high season!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2018, 09:46