We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

Hi visiting Bucharest next month & just wondered if any hotels offer executive rooms with free mini bars and an executive lounge with commentary drinks & snacks.

Many thanks

UK
Level Contributor
345 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

Intercontinental maybe - if you pay for the privilege?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

Most of the 5 stars hotels in Bucharest have complimentary access to Executive lounge or similar, you just have to check for which type or room / appartment are these services offered.

Level Contributor
233 posts
3. Re: Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

The JW Marriott has a nice Executive Lounge which offers an excellent breakfast buffet, drinks and snacks all day, dinner buffet, pastries and dessert late hours as well as complimentary wine and beer in the evening. I really enjoyed my stay there last year. The property is beautiful and the staff are exceptional.

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

Thank you for your replies we had booked the Europa Royale as the location looked good & the price is great but I may look to change it to the Marriott

Level Contributor
233 posts
5. Re: Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

fijibird,

Keep in mind that many consider the JW Marriott too far from the city center. It takes 30 minutes to get to Unirii Square which is just below Europa. And from there, it is another 20 minutes to the Romanian Athenaeum. I love to walk so very much enjoyed the exercise but it's not for everyone. Also, and perhaps more important, the 20 minutes it takes to walk around the south side of the Parliament Palace to get to Unirii Boulevard is very stark. Unirii B itself is quite lovely but getting there from JWM is very grim. The north route around the Palace is much nicer but there are some abandoned spaces along the river.

Europa is most definitely ideal with respects to location but if I were to return to Bucharest, I would still choose the JW Marriott. It's a very nice hotel.

Of course taxis are a good option. Late one evening, my friends and I took a cab from the hotel and although I did not write down the exact fare, I can assure you it was comically cheap.

6. Re: Free hotel mini bar/executive bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Bucharest