We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

6 posts
Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

Hi there, would appreciate some help with my roadtrip itinerary for Split-Zadar-Pula.

Trip Interest: hiking/Island Hopping/Crystal clear water, pretty much everything related with beautiful nature scenery. Plan to cover Krka/Plitvice NP and some island hopping from Split during my trip

Currently already booked accommodation in Split for 17-20 August, Then 20-21 August for Zadar and 21-22 Pula.

Tentative Plan:

17th - Will be driving from Dubrovnik and arriving at Split at around 2pm - Plan to explore the town and city centre and call it a day.

18th - Wake up early morning for island Hopping from Split...Right now I found two and undecided which tour to follow. Advice or any opinion on these two is greatly appreciated. Which one do you think is better and worth the money and experience. Tour 1 or Tour 2 ? Both review seem equally good.

Tour 1: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/AttractionProd…

Tour 2: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/AttractionProd…

19th - Drive to Krka National Park from Split early morning - drop by Sibenik if we have time and back to Split at night

20th - Checkout from Split early morning and drive to Plitvice Lake NP[Might split into two days to explore] and drive to Zadar for the Sea Organ at late evening for sunset.

21st - Checkout from Zadar accommodation, drive to Plitvice Lake NP from Zadar to explore finish the remaining part then head to Pula. Dont really plan to explore Pula that much maybe just the colosseum so dont mind reaching Pula late.

22nd - Return the car and ready for flight back to UK at around 2pm.

Hopefully my plan doesnt sounds crazy at all and feasible. What do you think ?

Would appreciate if there is any recommendation places to go that is near Split and Zadar ( Wanna have some backup places to go just incase)

7 replies to this topic
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
137 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

I'll let some of the experts comment on the early part of the itinerary, but the later part has a lot of driving and not much time for seeing. I think you could be much more efficient with your time, spending less time driving and more time site-seeing. I would go from Split to Krka (quick stop at Sibenik) and then on to Zadar. Zadar was one of our favorite places in all of Croatia and worth a good day to explore. I would suggest 2 nights for Zadar-- arrive late one day and then stay full next day. It's about 1.5 hours to Plitvice, so you don't want to go there and back again to Zadar. After Plitvice, we stayed along the coast at a small town (Novi Vindolski-- nice, laid-back village) and then headed to Pula.

6 posts
2. Re: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

Thanks for the suggestion ! We already booked the accommodation for Split and Zadar and not possible to cancel :( Wish i didnt book it so early....sighhh but I think i might still be able to cancel Pula accommodation and switch to the village that you mentioned. Which accommodation did you stay there if you could still remember?

About Plitvice Lakes NP...do you think one day is possible to explore the upper part and lower part of the lakes?

Edited: 05 August 2018, 06:33
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,622 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

Plitvice needs one day, or even less if you start early. I suggest route C that starts at entrance 1. It covers lower and upper lakes.

If you can be there at opening time to avoid crowds, allow 5 hours. If you are there after 9 am, allow about 7 hours.

6 posts
4. Re: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

Thanks for the information !! Do you have any advice/comment on the early part of my itinerary ? About the island hopping tour....

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,622 posts
170 reviews
5. Re: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

I did Waterworld Croatia tour last August and highly recommend it. It is not cheap, but worth every cent IMO. If you choose them, say Hi to Peter and Mirko. That is your second link.

If it was me, I would do Trogir and Split on the 19th, to save you backtracking form Krka Np to Split. Do Primosten, Sibenik and Krka NP on the 20th. Start early from Split so you get to Zadar well before sunset. Sunset is one of major attractions in Zadar.

You can cover main parts of Krka nP in about 3 hours. Add 1.5 hours for boat ride there and back from Skradin, if that is the entrance you choose. If you want to save time, drive to Lozovac. There is a shuttle bus that takes you into the park. It is only short ride and busses are frequent. You could even walk if you have to wait for the bus for too long.

The shuttle bus and the boat are included in entry ticket price.

On the 21st, start early from Zadar, and I mean around 5 am. Drive to Plitvice and after doing route C, drive to Pula. If you have time, drop into Motovun and/or Rovinj. Pula's main attraction is the Arena.

6 posts
6. Re: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

Hey there, thanks for the advice!

Nice, i can see that you enjoy the island hopping tour very much. Can I ask you a few question for the waterworld croatia tour?

1) do you still remember how's the sightseeing for Bluecave like ? For example, skipper will bring us in the cave and explore with the speedboat. ?

2) "Continue on to other caves, including Monk Seal Cave and the Green Cave on Ravnik Island". is mentioned in the description BUT

for Monk Seal Cave and Green cave, do you get to explore in the cave as well or just passing by? I heard you need to pay extra if you want to swim around there.

3) How many hours is the whole excursion tour?

Alot of itinerary details they didnt specify though....but the review seems really good! I also heard that if you want to swim around Green Cave, you would need to pay extra?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,622 posts
170 reviews
7. Re: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula

Water world Croatia doesn't take you into the Blue Cave. There are small boats there that take you into he cave. Yo have to line up and the wait can be quit along during very busy periods. I did it late August last year and waited about half an hour.

Waterworld does take you into the other cave. I don't think they give you the option of swimming there. I just cannot see how you could swim there during busy periods anyway. Plus, there is so much else to do that you juts would;t have the time.

The tour starts at 8 am and returns to Split about 5.30 pm.

If you have any specific question about the tour, Waterworld are very good at answering questions.

Reply to: Itinerary help for Split-Zadar-Pula
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted