We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

india
Level Contributor
35 posts
24 reviews
Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

Dear Friends,

My wife and me, we will be coming to Sarajevo from 21-25th Nov. We will be landing in Sarajevo on 21st noon and leaving on 25th at 11 am.

Need expert advice regarding what we can explore. We are coming all the way to India. We love nature, mountains, lakes, old towns.

Appreciate if you can guide us. we will be taking rent a car, any advice on rent a car.

My tentative plan

Day 1 : Sarajevo

Day 2 Mostar + Buna + Kravica Waterfall

Day 3: Jajce + Travnic

Day 4 : Sarajevo

Experts advice will be really helpful in making our trip remarkable.

Any tips on weather, cloths, rent a car and food. We are planning to stay in sarajevo and do day trips.

Thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
520 reviews
1. Re: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

25th is the public holiday, Day of Republic, expect many things to be closed.

For rent a car, check airport's page:

https://www.sarajevo-airport.ba/tekst.php…

My recommendation would be Huyndai.

In November you can already expect to be quite cold, especially during the night. Sarajevo is also known for fogs in the autumn and winter period.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
448 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

If you like nature/mountains, my advice would be to try and squeeze in Lukomir and/or Bjelasnica mountain area. It's kind of special and stunning! You could either take a guided tour or go there yourself by car.

Make sure you spend enough time in Sarajevo as well, it is so worth it. There are some very good tours in Sarajevo as well. We did a war tour and it was very memorable.

We did not like the roads between Jajce and Sarajevo (very slow and boring, nothing to see), and Jajce was just OK I guess (nice in pictures, but very small and not so interesting... but to each their own of course). I can't tell you about Travnik.

Mostar is something else. There is a lot to see on the way to Mostar, and Mostar is a beautiful place.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
520 reviews
3. Re: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

Lukomir and Bjelasnica at the end of November? Will most likely already be covered with deep snow. Ski centres in Bjelasnica accessible with normal car, Lukomir not without snowmobile.

I don't know which road did you take to reach Jajce from Sarajevo - the one from Sarajevo to Travnik IS boring, but between Travnik and Donji Vakuf it goes over nice mountain pass. From Donji Vakuf to Jajce is relatively short ride. Don't also know what have you visited in Jajce - I did the full tour, beside waterfall, went up to the fortress, visited the town museum, the catacombs, the Mithras temple, some fine mosques, remains of the gothic church turned into the mosque, went further towards Mrkoinjic Grad to visit the Pliva lakes... Travnik on its own is a true pearl of Ottoman Turkish architecture

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
237 posts
3,692 reviews
4. Re: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

I can advice Umoljani (village) and a trail to Studeni potok... but I do not know how the road is in November. Lumokir is really good but i was there in August by car.. If time is no good, I think you cannot go there by yuorself.

Edited: 23 September 2018, 12:22
Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

Your plan is a good one. In Sarajevo we met by chance a remarkable guide who was simply outstanding in her knowledge and passion about Sarajevo. We took her on for two hours and ended up spending much more time and enjoyed every minute of it. Her expertise about the history of the area especially about the past centuries and current affairs was outstanding. If you want to fully experience the Old City,then she is it. Her name is Lejla, lejlataljic@gmail.com

8 posts
6. Re: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

For rent a car try to found city rent mostar,it's cheapest and have office in airport Sarajevo and Mostar,also you don't need the credit card.

8 posts
7. Re: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo

i found www.rent.ba

Reply to: Need help - 21st Nov - 25th Nov itinerary, from Sarajevo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted