We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days Croatia and Bosnia

London, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
10 days Croatia and Bosnia

Dear All,

I am planning a 10 day trip to Croatia and Bosnia although the focus of my trip will be Bosnia. I suppose I am using Croatia as a cheap entry/exit and I have heard Croatia can be quite expensive.

I plan to hire a car (although I'm not the most confident of drivers!) but I feel this will be the best way to cover the areas I want to visit in Bosnia and we will have the flexibility of visiting sites that are off the beaten track.

I would be grateful if any comments/advice could be given on my proposed itinerary. I will be travelling with my partner and we are travelling on a budget although we will treat ourselves to a few luxuries here and there.

So here goes...

LON - SPLIT (arriving in the morning + overnight stay)

SPLIT - DUB (overnight stay)

DUB - TREBINJE (overnight stay)

TREBINJE - MOSTAR (stopping at STOLAC, BLAGAG and Počitelj enroute + 2 nights in MOSTAR)

MOSTAR - SARJ (stopping at KONJIC enroute + 2 nights in SARJ)

SARJ - JAJCE (stopping at TRAVINK + overnight stay)

JAJCE - BIHAC (stopping at BOSANKi PETROVAC + 2 nights in BIHAC)

I would ideally like to also fit in Plitvice Lakes National Park and then fly out from ZADAR but I understand that I will need another 2 nights minimum.

I quite like the idea of just driving along the Adriatic Coast with a few stops along the way just to get a feel for it and maybe just staying overnight at one of the locations mentioned above.

I would prefer not to drive at night and will set out early to get to the various locations and spend the nights there.

So it looks like I have 7 nights in Bosnia and 3 in Croatia but just not sure of the best way to utilise those 3 days if I want to see a bit of the Dalmatian as well as the Plitvice Lakes National Park.

Thank you in advance! :)

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Hotel Bosnia
Hotel Bosnia
131 Reviews
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Konjic
Konjic
Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Jajce
Jajce
Central Bosnia Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bihac
Bihac
Una-Sana Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Petrovac
Petrovac
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Plitvice Lakes National Park
Plitvice Lakes National...
12,512 Reviews
Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
1. Re: 10 days Croatia and Bosnia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2015, 10:46