We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

Hi,

I am wanting to visit Europe in 2015 and the list of countries I'd like to travel is extensive to say the least!

The countries I am most interested in seeing are, I believe, 'non-Schengen' countries;

*Bosnia & Herzegovina

*Serbia

*Macedonia

*Montenegro

*Albania

*Romania - not sure if it is now part of the Schengen agreement?

I also want to visit the following (which I believe ARE Schengen countries);

*Austria

*Slovenia

*Czech Republic

*Poland

*Italy

*Malta

*France

*Switzerland

*Belgium

*Netherlands

*Iceland

There is so much that I would like to see in these countries that I am doubtful as to whether 3 months would be long enough. As I am from Australia, this may have be a once-in-a-lifetime trip, hence the massive list!

I am fairly well aware of the rules surrounding tourist visa's for the Schengen zone, but my questions are:

If I spend my allocated 90 days within the Schengen region, am I still allowed to travel throughout the non-Schengen countries? And if so, am I right in assuming that I will need a separate visa for each non-Schengen country that I visit?

Also, for example; if I were to spend the maximum 90 days in Bosnia (on top of the 90 spent in the Schengen), could I then hypothetically spend 90 days in Serbia after that? (Not that I wish to spend that long in either of those countries, but just hypothetically speaking) Or are you allowed a maximum of 90 days within the non-Schengen region (like the vice-versa of the Schengen rule)?

Basically, how long can I spend, collectively, in the non-Schengen region? Would it be possible to spend say 6 months in Europe in this way? Or should I consider applying for a working holiday visa instead?

I hope this makes sense......

Thanks in advance :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
1. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

There is no coordination between the Schengen and non-Schengen countries or even between the various countries outside the Schengen area. So if you're allowed 90 visa-free days in Bosnia-Hercegovina then that has no impact on the time you could spend visa-free in Serbia, etc.

All of the non-Schengen countries you list allow for a tourist stay visa-free (generally up to 90 days per country) for Australian nationals. Depending on how you structured your trip, yes, you could stay 6 months in Europe.

Cairo, Egypt
1 post
2. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

Hi, I am from Egypt. Looking for somebody who can help me regarding the issue a invitation from Bosnia. I will pay money for it. For me and two my friends. ASAP

Thanks.

4 posts
3. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

am also interested about visa support document if anyone can assist about it or know something should kindly reply @alanso4life@yahoo.com am ready to reinburse all expences incurred on me double

4. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Bosnia and Herzegovina