We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

Hi,

I am wanting to visit Europe in 2015 and the list of countries I'd like to travel is extensive to say the least!

The countries I am most interested in seeing are, I believe, 'non-Schengen' countries;

*Bosnia & Herzegovina

*Serbia

*Macedonia

*Montenegro

*Albania

*Romania - not sure if it is now part of the Schengen agreement?

I also want to visit the following (which I believe ARE Schengen countries);

*Austria

*Slovenia

*Czech Republic

*Poland

*Italy

*Malta

*France

*Switzerland

*Belgium

*Netherlands

*Iceland

There is so much that I would like to see in these countries that I am doubtful as to whether 3 months would be long enough. As I am from Australia, this may have be a once-in-a-lifetime trip, hence the massive list!

I am fairly well aware of the rules surrounding tourist visa's for the Schengen zone, but my questions are:

If I spend my allocated 90 days within the Schengen region, am I still allowed to travel throughout the non-Schengen countries? And if so, am I right in assuming that I will need a separate visa for each non-Schengen country that I visit?

Also, for example; if I were to spend the maximum 90 days in Bosnia (on top of the 90 spent in the Schengen), could I then hypothetically spend 90 days in Serbia after that? (Not that I wish to spend that long in either of those countries, but just hypothetically speaking) Or are you allowed a maximum of 90 days within the non-Schengen region (like the vice-versa of the Schengen rule)?

Basically, how long can I spend, collectively, in the non-Schengen region? Would it be possible to spend say 6 months in Europe in this way? Or should I consider applying for a working holiday visa instead?

I hope this makes sense......

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Hotel Bosnia
Hotel Bosnia
130 Reviews
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Albania
Albania
Europe
Romania
Romania
Europe
Austria
Austria
Europe
Poland
Poland
Europe
Italy
Italy
Europe
France
France
Europe
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Serbia
Serbia
Europe
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

There is no coordination between the Schengen and non-Schengen countries or even between the various countries outside the Schengen area. So if you're allowed 90 visa-free days in Bosnia-Hercegovina then that has no impact on the time you could spend visa-free in Serbia, etc.

All of the non-Schengen countries you list allow for a tourist stay visa-free (generally up to 90 days per country) for Australian nationals. Depending on how you structured your trip, yes, you could stay 6 months in Europe.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Bosnia
Hotel Bosnia
130 Reviews
Serbia
Serbia
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
Cairo, Egypt
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

Hi, I am from Egypt. Looking for somebody who can help me regarding the issue a invitation from Bosnia. I will pay money for it. For me and two my friends. ASAP

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Hotel Bosnia
Hotel Bosnia
130 Reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

am also interested about visa support document if anyone can assist about it or know something should kindly reply @alanso4life@yahoo.com am ready to reinburse all expences incurred on me double

4. Re: Questions about visa for non-schengen countries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 09:45