We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friend's car into BiH

Lome, Togo
Level Contributor
39 posts
44 reviews
Friend's car into BiH

Hi there,

I'll be in Croatia by the month end, and I'm planning on going to Mostar and Sarajevo, and also to Split and Dubrovnik.

The car I'll be driving will not be mine - rather a friend's car, italian plates. The car is already in Croatia.

My question is whether can I expect trouble with Police for not being the owner of the car? Please note that i'll be all the time in possession of all the car related documents.

Also, could you please advise me where would be easy to buy a Green Card insurance for BiH ? (And, if you know, for Montenegro as well).

Thank you.

Sarajevo
Level Contributor
298 posts
1. Re: Friend's car into BiH

@pjso,

I am sure you need permit to drive somebody's car for Croatia.

Also you need to have international driving licence and green card insurance.

I supose, you will meet your friend in Croatia.

Than, when you will be in Croatia you can fix everything, green card, permit to drive friend's car for Bosnia and Montenegro, there in Croatia. If not, they will give you info.

Fix international driving licence in Lisabon.

Look at this link HAK=CROATIAN AUTO CLUB and remember logo:

http://www.hak.hr/english.aspx

Sarajevo
Level Contributor
298 posts
2. Re: Friend's car into BiH

sorry, correction:

Than, when you will be in Croatia you can fix everything, green card, permit to drive friend's car for Bosnia and Montenegro, there in Croatia IN HAK, CROATIAN AUTO CLUB.

If not, they will give you info.

YOU must go in HAK, Croatian auto club, together with your friend.

Edited: 04 December 2009, 06:31
Lome, Togo
Level Contributor
39 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Friend's car into BiH

Thanks for your info :)

4. Re: Friend's car into BiH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 10:52