We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in southern riviera?

Amman, Jordan
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in southern riviera?

My girlfriend and I are trying to decide which beach town to stay in for 3 nights during mid August. So far i've looked at Vlore, Dhermi, and Himarë. Considering that we don't have a car which beach town would you guys recommend? We are interested in a place that won't be insanely crowded, and is accessible via public transport for Tirana.

I'm currently leaning towards Vlore, but i'm a little concerned that it will be overly crowded.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 17:36
Mentioned in this post
Vlore
Vlore
Vlore County, Albania
Dhermi
Dhermi
Vlore County, Albania
Tirana
Tirana
Tirana County, Albania
Dinasty Hotel
Dinasty Hotel
#1 of 99 hotels in Tirana
Hotel Mangalemi
Hotel Mangalemi
#1 of 7 hotels in Berat
The Plaza Tirana
The Plaza Tirana
#2 of 99 hotels in Tirana
7 replies to this topic
Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
685 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in southern riviera?

When it comes to accessibility, Vlore is the best choice. Dhermi and Himare got better beaches but buses to/from them are not frequent.

Mentioned in this post
Dhermi
Dhermi
Vlore County, Albania
Himare
Himare
Vlore County, Albania
Amman, Jordan
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in southern riviera?

Would you say that staying 3 nights is Vlore is appropriate? Are there enough interesting things (beaches,hiking,food) close by to keep us occupied?

Mentioned in this post
Vlore
Vlore
Vlore County, Albania
Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
685 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in southern riviera?

Close to Vlore there are the beaches of Radhime and Orikum.The Llogara National Park is not too far from there. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in Vlore.

Mentioned in this post
Radhime
Radhime
Vlore County, Albania
Orikum
Orikum
Vlore County, Albania
Llogara National Park
Llogara National Park
Vlore County, Albania
Amman, Jordan
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in southern riviera?

is it possible to access those places you mentioned with public transport/taxi's?

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
685 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in southern riviera?

Yes, and i forgot to mention Zvernec beach with its monastery.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 21:34
6. Re: Where to stay in southern riviera?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2018, 19:22

galicia
Level Contributor
138 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in southern riviera?

This is my account of the beaches we visited this summer which may be helpful. Vlore is massive so there is a lot of space but it wasnt to my liking.

…blogspot.com/2018/08/so-what-are-riviera-be…

Reply to: Where to stay in southern riviera?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted