We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School trip to Ecuatorial Guinea???

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
School trip to Ecuatorial Guinea???

Since this is a Spanish-speaking country, I am thinking of taking a student group there. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it possible to do economically? Are there interesting places to visit? Are there good opportunities for service activities? Do most people really speak Spanish? Thanks in advance for any help!

Malabo
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: School trip to Ecuatorial Guinea???

Hi Mr/Mrs,

My name is Luis, i am from equatorial Guinea. my country Speaks spanish 100% due to spanish colonialism as first official language & most widely speaking in the country. Besides that we also speaks little french, portuguese and other local dialects such as Fang, Pidjing English, Bubi, etc. if you are thinking of taking students over here for a visit, are they Secondary schools studenst or university students?. You might require to obtain visas before coming to Malabo (capital city) located in Bioko Island, where i live. The island has many interesting & historical places to visit,. Malabo was formally called port Clarence, find out! the rain forest & mountings areas are good also to visit.There are not museums or zoos in EG. But we have national parks in the mainland of the country in Bata, where you could see some wild animals & more amazing places. The security in the country is very good, all the cities are safe to stay with some good options of hotesl artes. You may contact me through lndongmikue@yahoo.com for any additional info. Regards.

Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School trip to Ecuatorial Guinea???

I worked in Equatorial Guinea for 5 years. It is definitely NOT a place for a holiday, it is a very dangerous country and even a single man would not be safe travelling alone, let alone females wtih children. Stay clear, go to a safe country instead.

3. Re: School trip to Ecuatorial Guinea???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2012, 19:05
Houston
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: School trip to Ecuatorial Guinea???

Malabo, EG is a beautiful volcanic island. All the natives speaks Spanish around here. I would think that there are economical accomodations around but some places could also be expensive.

However, I don't think it is a place for kids. You would need to consider certain things. Malaria is a threat here, security is okay, but not too sure as I don't go out that much in Malabo. Public transportation is almost non-existent as such it is hard to move around. Activities include hiking the volcano and going to the beach.

5. Re: School trip to Ecuatorial Guinea???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 13:46
Get answers to your questions about Equatorial Guinea
More Equatorial Guinea Topics