We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??

San Diego...
6 posts
Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??

we are having our honeymoon in bora bora in about a week and we are staying at the Sofitel PI .. we don't need an snorkeling excursion.. do we need a MUST have excursion on the mainland?? we have an ATV excursion booked on Moorea. This would likely be our only time visiting Bora Bora. Thank you for any advice!!

5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
648 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??

What makes you think you don't need a snorkeling excursion? The Sofitel P.I. may be right next to a nice coral garden, but all you'll see there are a bunch of colorful tropical fish. Not that those aren't nice, but when you take a lagoon tour around the entire Bora Bora lagoon, you get to see so many different colors of water, so many beautiful views, AND you get to swim with stingrays and black-tipped reef sharks. We have done both the full-day and half-day tours with Lagoon Service and I'd recommend a full-day lagoon tour with the motu picnic lunch for the maximum experience. Not only do you get to hang out on a private motu with beautiful views, but you also get a cultural demonstration, which is kind of fun. Their food is surprisingly good (and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than what you'd pay for lunch at the Sofitel P.I.).

As for the island itself, a 4x4 tour is worthwhile just because it will take you to a few spots where you will get unequaled views of the lagoon. But if you are only going to do one or the other, it should be the lagoon tour.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 03:24
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,076 posts
202 reviews
2. Re: Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??

100% yes, book an excursion on the water. Bora Bora is all about the lagoon. Many great excursions, we love Pure Snorkeling.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
209 reviews
3. Re: Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??

Also you should take the free shuttle boat to the sister Sofitel property on the main island, and walk the few minutes to Matira Beach for a great sunset experience. And maybe have dinner at one of the local restaurants.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??

I agree we stayed at Sofitel PI and loved it, great snorkeling and going again in early Nov. but still have done a lagoon trip each time we have been in Bora. Doing to again next time.

Lagoon Services was amazing and taking their trip again.

You get so see so much scenery out of the water in the boat as well as in the water.

A must do

San Diego...
6 posts
5. Re: Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??

Ok ok you twisted my arm.. excursion booked.. thanks soo much .. we are excited!!

Reply to: Should i book an excursion in Bora Bora??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted