We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book Air Tahiti flights through Air Tahiti Nui, or separate?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Book Air Tahiti flights through Air Tahiti Nui, or separate?

I noticed that Air Tahiti Nui's website allows booking flights from the 'States to the final destination (Tikehau, in our case) rather than ending at Papeete. Maybe they have worked out a deal with Air Tahiti? Anyway, the total price seemed reasonable, compared to booking the travel legs separately on the two airlines.

Is letting Air Tahiti Nui bundle my travel segments recommended, or would there be an advantage to booking the intra-island flights separately, myself?

Thanks, TA friends!

4 replies to this topic
santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book Air Tahiti flights through Air Tahiti Nui, or separate?

Hi hi,

If you are just going to Tikehau then certainly booking your air to Papeete & onward to Tikehau through Air Tahiti Nui is fine.....you'll save a little $. If you were going to multiple islands I'd recommend you book a multi island air pass with Air Tahiti separately from your international flights on Air Tahiti Nui. Enjoy paradise!

sunny regards,

shully

San Diego...
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book Air Tahiti flights through Air Tahiti Nui, or separate?

Thanks, @shully -- you are definitely a solid resource! We're actually planning to take the ferry to Moorea for a night and back to Papeete the next day to spend the rest of the week on Tikehau, and then flying back to Papeete... so, probably no inter-island pass for us. I'm mainly wanting to make sure that Air Tahiti will honor the purchase if it's made through another airline. I don't remember Air New Zealand and Air Rarotonga having a similar arrangement, but of course, that doesn't mean I need be a skeptic... just wanting to ensure all my tickets are valid.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book Air Tahiti flights through Air Tahiti Nui, or separate?

Hi,

No worries, Air Tahiti Nui books fares on Air Tahiti all the time. Your tickets should be ok. Enjoy Tikehau...it is heavenly.

sunny regards,

shully

San Diego...
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book Air Tahiti flights through Air Tahiti Nui, or separate?

Thank you, Shully! You were right. We just did this yesterday. Booking through Air Tahiti Nui was easier, cheaper overall, and appears to have the added benefit of them being responsible for any flight changes on Air Tahiti's end, too.

Reply to: Book Air Tahiti flights through Air Tahiti Nui, or separate?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted