We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-12 months in Mo'orea

3 posts
Save Topic
6-12 months in Mo'orea

Hello,

I'm looking to find out if there is a realistic scenario for moving to Mo'orea for a long term period. I'll be working hopefully alongside some amazing people called the Moorea Coral Gardeners helping to support the local reef as well as educate the children in local schools about sustainability in our Oceans, etc.

The hardest part is finding something other than an Air BnB to live in - I'm curious if there are any realistic apartment/homes to rent a room//or a full place.

any information would be so greatly appreciated! thank you

3 replies to this topic
Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6-12 months in Mo'orea

Questions:

.1. What Passport do you hold?

2. Do you have government approval for your job?

3. Do you have government approval to teach in their schools?

I lived and owned a home on the island for over 30 years . Yes there are places to rent.

Please answer the questions so you can get some help on TA

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6-12 months in Mo'orea

Thank you so much for your response!

I am getting rolling on a work visa ( and know it can take months) but I am very excited to hear back from someone with experience and some know-how on finding a place to stay in Mo'orea. Please keep in touch! Your knowledge/help is invaluable

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6-12 months in Mo'orea

Hello!

So I'm well on my way through the Visa process, but it wants to know my living situation. I figured booking something 6+ months in advance isn't so easy, so I would love your input for that step. If you have options for housing I'm definitely looking for anything that is available for those longer periods of 6-12 months. Please get back to me as soon as you can! Thank you so much for your time.

Reply to: 6-12 months in Mo'orea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted