We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in mainland

Redmond, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel in mainland

Hi

I am planning a trip to Fiji for 9 days. I am thinking of spending 7 days in Viwa/Matangi (not sure which) and 2 days in the mainland. The reason for spending 2 days on the mainland is that we want to do some activities (ziplining, roam around the city, go to the temple etc, see the city) which I assume are not very prevalent on remote islands.

I am having trouble finding a good resort on the mainland which meets our needs. We were looking for some adult oriented resorts but I heard that resorts on the mainland are mostly family oriented. Even going with the family resorts I was unable to find a good one. Could you guys suggest some good ones please? Any resort with a price range of matangi/viwa would be good

Cairns Region...
Level Contributor
376 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in mainland

A lot depends on when you want to go. Since you posted this in Nadi forum then one can assume that you want to stay in Nadi. At the moment this town is flooded, a lot of roads are closed, marketplace and bus stop is under water. A popular place to stop is Sandalwood which has friendly service and good rates. If you want western style resorts then Denarau island which is close by, would suit you better. It is not really an island since it is connected to the mainland by a causeway. It's just 20 minutes from the airport.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in mainland

If you want a small upmarket resort around Nadi, try the Fiji Orchid. It's next to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant - orchid gardens.

Also look at the Westin at Denarau for a cheaper alternative, but yes it will have children, but hopefully not as many as some of the other resorts there.

The Terraces apartments at Denarau where we usually stay before island trips, don't have lots of children and great modern accommodation for a short stay and are across the road from the marina and shopping village

IMO I wouldn't stay at basic Sandalwood, unless you want something really cheap.

LTB

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in mainland

Just a suggestion but have you tried looking at Intercontinental at Natadola Beach? This is appx 45 mins from the airport travelling down towards the coral coast. You could go into Nadi from here for shopping and also go to the zip line.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,816 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in mainland

The activities you want to do are on th Coral Coast so I would look for a hotel in that area. Have a look at the Wellesley boutique Hotel or the Pacific Pearl this will save you a lot on transfers from the Nadi area if you have to to a fro often..

5. Re: Hotel in mainland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 14:55