We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji in September

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji in September

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are planning a two week holiday in fiji in September.

So far we have this schedule

- 16 sep arrive in Nadi, fly to Savusavu on Vanua Levu

- Stay in Vanua Levu for 6 nights, leave on 23rd Sep

- fly back to Nadi and move on to mantaray resort for 3 nights, until 25 Sep. (quite looking forward to seeing manta rays, if you have another resort to recommend for this, let us know :) )

- spend the last 5 nights on another resort in the Yasawas.

- return to Nadi and leave on Sep 30th

Are we spending too much time in the Yasawas archipelago or Savusavu? Is it worth spending 2 nights near Nadi or somewhere else on Viti Levu at some point (before or after Savusavu) ?

That is, if there is a beautiful city etc. to visit we wouldn't want to miss it seeing how we have a bit of time after all !

Thanks for your insight !

Anil

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji in September

Sounds good to me, Paradise Cove might be a nicer option to Manta Ray resort or Barefoot Resort all in the same area and close to Manta Ray Passage, with Barefoot being right on the passage. Vanua Levu is very different, you haven't mentioned where you are staying but it is well worth the visit.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji in September

Near Savusavu i'm planning to stay at Koro Sun Resort

Is one hotel ok to explore a little Vanua Levu or should i split it into two stays?

Thanks!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji in September

We stayed at Koro Sun a few years ago now and loved it. Only downer is that the beach across the road isn't good for swimming but the pools are OK, we went on kayak trip up a saltwater river to a saltwater lake , going with the tides each way, lot of fun and interesting folklore stories about the area. Also went on a day trip to a waterfall, involved a ca rride a hike through pretty dense 'jungle' swimming in the pool below the fall and lunch with a Fijian family in their home. Really great day. Savusavu is worth a trip to town to explore too,

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji in September

Hello and thanks for your reply earlier !

In the end I am planning to start with 6 nights in koro sun and then on to yasawa islands for 6 nights, and then back to nadi for 2 nights.

However my flight from nadi to savusavu is waitlisted, and i might need to move things around a bit

Would 5 nights be enough in Koro Sun to explore and enjoy the area, or is it better to cut the Yasawa Islands stay shorter?

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji in September

Spending as much time away from Nadi is the way to go. As much as I love the soth pacific, I do not love it's "cities'. Nadi is among my least favorite places I have been in the south sea's.

Edited: 10 August 2013, 05:18
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji in September

If you have yet to book the Yasawas part of your trip, you may find accommodation hard to find. That time is Australian and NZ school holidays, and the more popular resorts are often booked out.

7. Re: Fiji in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 10:49