We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach front accommodation

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach front accommodation

Hello,

Looking for accommodation suggestion on the beach in the SE area for two people. We are planning a visit for February 2019. Would like to swim and snorkel walking distance from accommodation. Require kitchenette and A/C (in bedroom). Self cater and limited housekeeping is fine.

Thank you!

12 replies to this topic
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach front accommodation

Kia Orana travelbean,

Some properties to consider, with air con and a kitchen. Swimming and snorkelling from the beachfront.

Rumours luxury villas - Tikioki. Beautiful villas and lagoon outlook. Deep water and located upon Tikioki marine reserve.

Hawaiiki villas - Tikioki. 2 self-contained villas, but close to the main road. Deep water and on the marine reserve.

Heliconia beach house - Akapuao (west of Tikioki). Very private, lovely beach, short walk to Tikioki marine reserve for optimum snokelling. Nice swimming beach. Owners operate the Hidden Spirit cafe in their Maire Nui garden.

Sands villas - Titikaveka. Private location set well away from the main road. Lovely beach, swimmable, and with snorkelling from the beach and closer towards Tikioki marine reserve.

There are other properties with air con and a kitchen in the SE. All the best with your accommodation search.

Kia manuia.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach front accommodation

Thank you!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,458 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach front accommodation

Hi travelbean

A few more for you to consider which are airconditioned and absolute beachfront.

Iro's Beach Villa (not the house), in Titikaveka. Fully self-contained.

Royale Takitumu Resort, in Titikaveka. A small, intimate resort with pool and kitchenette.

There is a huge choice - let us know if you find anything during your search that appeals to you.

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach front accommodation

Cooks Bay Villas, as mentioned Iro's villa, Royale Takitumu also a great spot. Moana Sands Villas have kitchens, just across from Wigmores.

All have air con.

You didn't mention budget but Sea Change is another but I am not sure about the snorkelling in the spot.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 06:38
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach front accommodation

Thank you!

Iro's is more my price range than Royal Takitumu. They both look really nice!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach front accommodation

We are looking at a nightly budget of up to $350NZD

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach front accommodation

I would email Cooks Bay villas as February is low season and they usually discount for that if they aren't busy. We have stayed here over 10 times.

We've stayed at Iro's villa three times but not since they added the other house to the property. It's a great location

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach front accommodation

Thank you!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,458 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach front accommodation

Another plus for Cooks Bay Villas - lovely location and good security. I'd missed the fact that they are air-conditioned although I'd assumed they would be.

Hope you can get a good rate as DonnaMaree suggests.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach front accommodation

Thank you. I understand that air conditioning will be important in February. I have read a little bit to understand that security is a good thing to have too. Is Cooks Bay Villas located in an area that will catch the trade winds?

Reply to: Beach front accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cook Islands