We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early flight out of MVD. What to do night before?

Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
Early flight out of MVD. What to do night before?

On an upcoming trip, we have an early flight from MVD to PTY on COPA. The departure time has already bounced around, but it’ll likely be between 4 and 5 am. The question is what to do the night before. The night before that, we’ll have a hotel in the old city. Should we keep it for an additional night, get what sleep we can, then check out really early and take a taxi to the airport? Or should we find a hotel near the airport? Or are there other options that I haven’t thought of? If you’ve already been in this situation, what have you done?

Additional question: If we do decide to keep the hotel room in the old city the night before the flight, how early should we catch the taxi to the airport to make the flight?

2 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
35,952 posts
28 reviews
139 helpful votes
1. Re: Early flight out of MVD. What to do night before?

With such an early flight, I would get a hotel room near the airport.

Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
2. Re: Early flight out of MVD. What to do night before?

Thanks, that may be the best idea. I see a Hampton Inn near the airport — it looks like the best option.

Back in my college days, I might have spent the night at the airport, or walking the streets the night before, but that’s not happening at this stage of my life. :-)

Reply to: Early flight out of MVD. What to do night before?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted