We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnaval Montevideo 2024

UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
Carnaval Montevideo 2024

I would like to know when are the best dates in February for the Montevideo carnaval?

4 replies to this topic
Oxnard, California
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
49,741 posts
243 reviews
266 helpful votes
1. Re: Carnaval Montevideo 2024

Carnaval lasts 40 + days in Uruguay. If you want to see the largest parades, dates are on this page: https://www.guruguay.com/montevideo-carnival-2024-dates/. You’ll miss the carnival parade which takes places in January, but you could make it for Las Llamadas which, IMO, is much more interesting and festive, and you don’t need to speak Spanish to understand what is going on.

Edited: 11 August 2023, 23:59
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2. Re: Carnaval Montevideo 2024

I will be in Montevideo for the opening of the Carnival on the 25th January. Can anyone suggest the best place to watch the parade. I don't mind paying extra if there is a particular good spot or venue to watch if from

Thanksd

David

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
192 reviews
66 helpful votes
3. Re: Carnaval Montevideo 2024

Thanks for sharing the link. Unfortunately, I could not tell where and when carnival will actually be celebrated during the 40 day period. I'd love to see this. Can you share more information? Is there another website I could look at that would share when the individual carnivals will be happening? Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Carnaval Montevideo 2024

Hi there. We'll be in Montevideo 1-5 March. I know we'll have missed the bigger parades, but can anyone point me to a schedule where I can find whether anything (eg tablados) will still be on during those days? Or is it still TBC based on weather and potential rescheduling? I can't find this online anywhere. Thanks!

Reply to: Carnaval Montevideo 2024
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted