We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from airport to Miraflores with hotel taxi

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
817 posts
48 reviews
Transfer from airport to Miraflores with hotel taxi

Hello

I have just received the information from hotel Mariel Boutique that they arrange his own transport (hotel taxi drivers) from / to airport cost 25 USD each way for 2 person. We arrive at about 10:30am so in the middle of the day. Is there any concern that I have to care about (e.g. "fake" drivers, who are not from hotel, just want pick up the clients) or you will take this service. Other choice is to take Lima Airport bus ot Green Taxi / Taxidatum. I ask also because there is an information that there is limited entry to airport terminal and not anybody can pick up the passengers.

Best regards

Ales

4 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
250 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Transfer from airport to Miraflores with hotel taxi

There are plenty of official taxi desks. Just after picking up your luggage, but before you enter the public area, you will see three or four desks, with people yelling if you want a taxi. I think we paid $20, for our taxi to Miraflores. It is pretty well organised. No need to be concerned.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,083 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: Transfer from airport to Miraflores with hotel taxi

I suppose the advantage of paying 5USD more for a hotel pick-up is that your driver will be there with your name on a placard and there will be no standing in line for a taxi or fiddling around with money. You'll be good to go immediately. Plus the driver will know your destination if it's a smaller hotel.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Transfer from airport to Miraflores with hotel taxi

Hey Ales,

One of the better ways to complete this journey is by travelling with the airports official shuttle bus system to and from Miraflores. It works out cheaper and is a lot more comfortable, has wifi, and after looking it up, your hotel is a 2 minute walk from one of their stops. The guides are extremely helpful and they will probably walk you to your hotel! Hope this helps with your decision and have a a great trip.

Organos, Peru
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Transfer from airport to Miraflores with hotel taxi

The limited entry to the airport is to the Ticket Counters, and beyond!! Anyone can walk in and wait for you to arrive outside a cordoned-off area. All the arriving passengers come out in just one location. If the hotel sends a taxi for you, they'll be there--with your name on a little plaque, signboard, etc. (in a big lobby area)

Outside the airport, you will get asked quite a bit if you need a taxi--but politely. If you end up outside just say, No gracias.

Personally--just FYI--I've used Green Taxi a lot over the past 7 years. They've been there when my flight was HOURS late--waiting for me. At something like 1 or 2 in the morning. They have a desk inside and/or you can reserve online. (Their taxis are black in color, just FYI. So don't be thrown.)

Reply to: Transfer from airport to Miraflores with hotel taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted