We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay-arriving Wed aft/eve leaving Friday 1am

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
105 posts
38 reviews
Where to stay-arriving Wed aft/eve leaving Friday 1am

Hello TA advisors. Arriving Wednesday afternoon or early evening from Cusco and flight home leaves Friday at 1am. .So I have Wednesday evening and all day Thursday before heading to the airport after dinner.--assuming I need to be at the airport by 10pm Debating between staying in the Miraflores area or just getting a hotel by the airport. I'm thinking if I stay at a hotel at the airport I can just leave my luggage on Thursday morning and not worry about going back to get it if I'm staying in Miraflores. On the other hand, I'm thinking the Lima experience might be better in Miraflores. Thoughts?

2 replies to this topic
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay-arriving Wed aft/eve leaving Friday 1am

You should definitely venture out to Miraflores! you have more than a full day and there isn't really a lot to do around the airport so you will be really bored. Getting from the airport to Miraflores can be done with Airport Express Lima which is the official airport transfer to Miraflores. It is the cheapest and safest way to go get to Miraflores and back to the airport when you're leaving. A one way ticket costs 25 soles (US $8 or so) and I think you can book a return for around ($13-15). There's wifi on board, spacious seats with USB chargers and no baggage allowance to make sure you have a comfortable journey. You can buy your ticket in advance online or when you land at the airport.

When you're in Miraflores, I would recommend staying in Pool Paradise Lima. It is the only hostel in Lima with a pool and is the perfect place to enjoy the sunshine. It is close to everything in Miraflores and also to the main transport stops that will take you anywhere you want to go. Definitely worth checking out

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay-arriving Wed aft/eve leaving Friday 1am

I would stay in Miraflores.

The airport area is not so nice, so you would probably want to head to Miraflores on Wednesday anyway. So you will make about the same number of taxi trips either way.

Reply to: Where to stay-arriving Wed aft/eve leaving Friday 1am
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted