We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Land based trip, but when?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
44 reviews
40 helpful votes
Land based trip, but when?

We're a couple in our mid 70's and keen to do a land-based trip to also include Ecuador, so I guess about 3 weeks.

Wish list: Warm, dry weather and warm, calm seas. My husband gets sea sick, so we would fly to the different islands.

Does December fit the bill?

We really enjoy walking and snorkelling and prefer not to rush, but stop and enjoy to "smell the roses"...not very likely, hahah.

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks a lot.

2 replies to this topic
Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
436 posts
14 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Land based trip, but when?

Hello pacifictraveller1,

if you are not dependent on certain times (e.g. school holidays), I can fully recommend the weeks BEFORE Christmas vacations start, that is, the first two weeks of December. The weather was perfect and especially on the amazing Galapagos Islands, everything was comparably calm and relaxed. During my land-based journey (the islands and mainland Ecuador) I was told by locals that these two weeks are usually among the most quiet of the year. And during this time, I had calm waters that were perfect for snorkelling at all times.

Hope this helps, happy travels!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
44 reviews
40 helpful votes
2. Re: Land based trip, but when?

That would suit perfectly. Thanks for your suggestion.

Reply to: Land based trip, but when?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted