We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Seymour or Genovesa

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
43 reviews
45 helpful votes
North Seymour or Genovesa

We are planning May 2025 Galapagos cruise. We were originally booked on Celebrity Xploration as it was a small ship and went to the top islands I wanted to see Genovesa, Fernandina, Isabela, and North Seymour. With Celebrity selling the ship to Lindblad, I need to start-over. I don't have a desire to transfer my booking to Flora (don't want a 100 person ship) and the Lindblad offering on the same vessel is over $14k per person. I really want to see Blue footed boobies which is why I wanted to include North Seymour. My desire was for luxury or first class vessel and was originally planning on 8 days, however very few options exist. I did see a 10 day trip on Eco Galaxy II would hit all islands above or I could skip North Seymour and go with Origin/Theory/Endemic. Another option is to forget about Genevosa and look for vessels that go to North Seymour, Isabela, and Fernandina as more options exist. Any thoughts?

4 replies to this topic
La Grange, Texas
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
194 reviews
103 helpful votes
1. Re: North Seymour or Genovesa

It's hard to say what YOU would like. I can tell you that I was not ready to leave after 8 days, so a 10 day trip would not be a burden. As for luxury, we were on the TipTop II, which I think might be considered "first class/premium." It was not fancy, but it was in good condition, spotlessly clean, the crew were fantastic, and the food delicious. It was everything we needed. You don't spend a lot of time on the ship, really, as your days are packed with activities.

If you have something you really want to see, I suppose I'd do what it took to see it, or be confident you won't leave with that niggling feeling that you missed something when it was all over.

Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
436 posts
14 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: North Seymour or Genovesa

Hello LMomof2,

I cannot comment on cruises as I did a land-based trip. But I also went to these beautiful pieces of paradise to see blue footed boobies, and if they are your major "must see", I can assure you they can be seen on several islands. I was already greeted by them near Baltra airport, they are found around Tortuga Bay (early in the morning), on San Cristobal, on Bartolomé, and I really saw many of them on Espanola (together with the majestic waved albatroses and the very cute and funny Nazca boobies).. If your cruise alternatives stop at either of these points, or if you have a few days on land before or after your cruise, there are good chances you will see blue footed boobies somewhere.

What I do not understand is - if you are booked on that vessel already, why should you now pay more just because the have sold it to Lindblad? At least in Germany, existing booking would still be valid, but of course this may be different in the United States.

And I agree with Lojeslj - the Galapagos Islands are amazingly beautiful, I could have spent way more than ten days there easily.

Hope this helps, happy travels!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
43 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: North Seymour or Genovesa

Thanks for taking the time and providing your insight on where else we might see blue footed boobies.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
43 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: North Seymour or Genovesa

Thanks for taking the time and providing your insight on extending time in Galapagos. I think I'm leaning towards the option.

Reply to: North Seymour or Genovesa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted