We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight advice from Montreal or Toronto in January

Bath, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
Flight advice from Montreal or Toronto in January

I am planning my Galapagos trip and am looking for the airline to use. Looks like at least 1 stopover will be involved. I don’t want more than 1 stop. Can anyone advise me using their experience in getting to Quito and back in January 2025? I prefer flying in and out of Montreal but can use Toronto too, it is just a bit more hassle.

Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
21 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Flight advice from Montreal or Toronto in January

Dear Ella,

I'm from Ottawa and travel to Galapagos often. Notwithstanding having to get from Ottawa to a bigger airport (like MTL or Toronto), you generally can fly to Quito via Atlanta, Miami, Houston or one or two other major US cities. You could also fly from Toronto via Bogotá in Colombia, and from there to Quito (warning - that's a red-eye flight).

Expedia will give you a range of options - great for research, but once you've found one you like, I recommend booking directly with that company.

Happy travels!

Heather Blenkiron

Edited: 25 June 2024, 15:04
London, Canada
Level Contributor
8,472 posts
284 reviews
2,231 helpful votes
2. Re: Flight advice from Montreal or Toronto in January

We flew in January, and the best business class fares out of Toronto were with Aeromexico, connecting in Mexico City. Then after a few days in Quito and Cuenca, we flew LATAM from Guayagquil to Galapagos.

Book early for the best prices. I made my reservations about 10 months in advance.

Edited: 25 June 2024, 19:20
Reply to: Flight advice from Montreal or Toronto in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted