We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus confusion

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
122 reviews
83 helpful votes
Bus confusion

We have a flight to Quito at 1.35pm tomorrow the 9th of June. I have read that the buses stop at 9.30am. Is this correct? If so we will need to travel by taxi to the canal. Is there anyone in the same situation that would like to share a taxi.

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
21 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Bus confusion

Dear Imagine,

I suggest you ask around today. Ask your hotel folks, ask the folks where you board buses. I suspect that if there are flights that late, then there are later buses. You can budget a conservative 1.75 hours to get from Puerto Ayora to Baltra by bus, and you should be at the airport 1.5 hours ahead of time - so leaving no later than about 10:15 would be advisabl. Taxis are not that expensive if you need to do that (about $25).

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
122 reviews
83 helpful votes
2. Re: Bus confusion

Thanks Heather. We are hearing conflicting stories so may be best to go by taxi.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,206 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Bus confusion

welcome

I dont know about the buses. I saw them but didnt make note of their schedule. Also, from my research it would have taken more time to get to Puerto Ayora. So, i just flipped for a taxi.

as heather mentions ask your lodging.

by the way, i had my lodging schedule a taxi for me, but depending where you stay, they maybe driving by regularly and early morning too.

good luck

Reply to: Bus confusion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted