We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silversea Cruise to the Galapagos

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
Silversea Cruise to the Galapagos

My husband and I just booked a June 2025 Galapagos cruise on Silversea and had some questions. One being about hotel accommodations in Quito — we read on a cruise blog that we’d be able to choose modern Marriott accommodations or, for an additional charge, we could stay at Casa Gangatena in Old Town. I called Silversea customer service and left numerous messages. Today, I didn’t enter the extension number of our representative and went straight to general customer service. I explained our situation and the rep was immediately angry. He said our representative had an emergency and was out. I explained I had no idea and their voicemail says, “I’m in the office today.” He was so hateful and condescending to me that I wanted to cancel right then but didn’t because I’ve heard good things about Silversea, otherwise. 1. Is this level of customer service normal for Silversea? And 2) is it possible to upgrade to an Old Town hotel in Quito?

1 reply
La Grange, Texas
Level Contributor
6,516 posts
194 reviews
103 helpful votes
1. Re: Silversea Cruise to the Galapagos

You might be better posting over on the Silversea forum on CruiseCritic.

Reply to: Silversea Cruise to the Galapagos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted