We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room groupings on cruise ship for family of 5

2 posts
Room groupings on cruise ship for family of 5
Save

I'm in the beginning stages of looking into a cruise through the Galapagos islands with my family of 5. We are two parents and 3 kids (aged 14, 12, and 9). Is it possible to have 3 people in one room? Or can we book a single? I would like to avoid having anyone room with a non-family member.

Which cruise companies or boats do you recommend to handle our family of 5?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
233 posts
38 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Room groupings on cruise ship for family of 5
Save

I know that the ship we went on (the Coral I) allows triples, and they also have a limited number of adjoining rooms, so that could be perfect for you. (We had adjoining rooms with our two kids). I believe their larger sister ship, the Legend, may also have this option. I am sure there are a limited number of additional ships that also allow triples. I would suggest that you contact a Galapagos travel agent to help you find the best option.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
240 posts
683 reviews
386 helpful votes
2. Re: Room groupings on cruise ship for family of 5
Save

We recently took a tour on the La Pinta and they have larger rooms for 3 people.

https://davidcrosstravels.com/2022/07/31/la-pinta-review/

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,754 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
3. Re: Room groupings on cruise ship for family of 5
Save

Dear Jeanie,

some ships have triple rooms - not many. Others will have some type of couch / day bed that can be used for a shorter member of the family. Find a good Galapagos travel expert and see what they can do for you.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Reply to: Room groupings on cruise ship for family of 5
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted