We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Cruise recommendations

Cat
London, Canada
1 post
Solo Cruise recommendations
Save

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a 8 day cruise for a solo traveller (early 30s). I was looking to go in August and was hoping to be on a boat I'm able to be social on. If anyone could share advice or experiences that would be great :).

3 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,914 posts
113 reviews
134 helpful votes
1. Re: Solo Cruise recommendations
Save

A recent trip report that mentions there was no single supplement on the Ocean Spray https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294310-i6637-k13947182-Ocean_Spray_Boat_Review_Highly_Recommended-Galapagos_Islands.html

Someone has mentioned that Solaris has single cabins.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,736 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Solo Cruise recommendations
Save

Dear Cat,

some ships offer solo cabins at no extra price - worth checking into.

As for socializing - you'll find that the folks on board, no matter what age, have a zest for life, a sense of adventure, and not averse to a bit of fun. Of course, you might come across as an old stodger to any teens, or to folks in their early 20's on board... ;-)

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Patagonia, Argentina
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Solo Cruise recommendations
Save

I had a cruise trip back in march with my wife and two kids through the Galapagos and if you are thinking of the same destination I suggest you check out this small article, it's how we decided which ship to take: https://www.voyagers.travel/galapagos/cruises

Reply to: Solo Cruise recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted