We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through

Lowell, Indiana
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through
Save

Hello,

My family has decided that we will be visiting Galapagos and Peru in June 2023. It's very overwhelming deciding on itineraries and ships, and who to book through. Can anyone recommend a company to book our Galapagos trip through (we will most likely book the Peru portion independently)?

Also, any other information on ships/itineraries would be greatly appreciated for first timers with kids ages 9 and 16. I've done a ton of research and am almost more confused, lol. We would like to get the cruise booked asap because it seems some are already full.

The ships we are considering at this time are Legend (like the larger size, hopefully help with sea sickness), Passion, Bonita, Coral 1 and 2, Archipel. We would like a longer cruise but our budget will most likely keep us at a 5 night.

Thank you in advance for your help, Lisa

6 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
228 posts
38 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through
Save

Here is my trip report from 3 years ago. I had a great experience with our travel agent (GreenGo Travel) and ship (the Coral).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294310-i6637-k12507666-Trip_Report_Cruise_w_Kids_on_Coral_West_plus_San_Cristobal-Galapagos_Islands.html#99685820

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,914 posts
113 reviews
134 helpful votes
2. Re: Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through
Save

I have used CNH Tours and can recommend them. The owner lived in Galapagos for several years and maintains relationships with many of the boat owners.

3. Re: Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?

2 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through
Save

I would recommend to contact Dennis Yepez from Guanguiltagua Expeditions, we hired this company for a land tour in Ecuador in June, and now we are planning to go to Galapagos with this company in December. They are highly recommended!

Lowell, Indiana
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through
Save

Thank you everyone for your help!! I have contacted them!

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
8,268 posts
247 reviews
151 helpful votes
6. Re: Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through
Save

Maybe too late to help you, but we only got back last week from the Galapagos Legend. We booked through Rainforest Cruises and have nothing but praise for them.

Reply to: Need recommendation for tour operator to book cruise through
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted