We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best itinerary for Oct?

Rochester, Minnesota
7 posts
1 review
Best itinerary for Oct?
Save

Hello! I will comb through the archives, but in the event anyone has an opinion, I will take it!

I'm down to two, 16 passenger boats, one catamaran and one single steel hull.

4 nights itinerary A, 5 nights itineraries B or C.

Again, this is in October. I'd love to see the most animals while snorkeling...sort of leaning B or C but find myself concerned there are simply more people around on B??

Hammerheads, penguins, iguanas, turtles...and I'll take any bird, anywhere.

Thank you in advance!!

2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
356 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Best itinerary for Oct?
Save

I booked a yacht and I'm seeing all the videos and trip reports on catamarans and now i'm wishing i booked that instead ;( but I'd pick the longer itinerary if it were my money!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,923 posts
113 reviews
134 helpful votes
2. Re: Best itinerary for Oct?
Save

The first and last days of any itinerary are half days, so you'll have two excursions on the remaining full days. There 's usually something for the afternoon you board, and maybe the morning you disembark.

Each boat has its own way of organizing its itineraries so without knowing what's being offered it's hard to say which is better.

A TR posted earlier today mentioned how spectacular Genovesa was for birds--and he had never thought of himself as a birder.

Edited: 30 June 2022, 04:37
Reply to: Best itinerary for Oct?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted